'Hero' girl, EIGHT, climbs from wrecked car to find help for her critically injured mother
- Lili Anne Parady, 26, was driving in Maine on Tuesday night when she lost control, went off the road and crashed into a tree?
- Parady's daughter suffered only minor injuries and was able to climb out of wreck and flag down a passing motorist to ask for help?
- Rescuers used 'jaws of life' to cut mother-of-two out of the totaled Toyota Camry?
An eight-year-old girl from Maine was able to climb out the back of a wrecked car and flag down help for her severely injured mother on Tuesday.
State Police say the girl was riding in the backseat of a 2009 Toyota Camry driven by Lili Anne Parady, 26, at around 9pm when the woman lost control of the vehicle on a turn, causing it to go off the road and smash into a tree at Route 1 and Miller Road.
Parady's daughter suffered only minor injuries and was able to scramble out of the totaled sedan.?
Lili Anne Parady (pictured in foreground), 26, has her eight-year-old daughter (pictured in backseat) to thank for saving her life after a car crash in Maine?
Smashed: Parady's Toyota Camry is pictured on Tuesday night, after it wet off the road and hit a large tree ??
The eight-year-old flagged down a passing motorist and told them her mother was injured and in need of assistance, reported the station Q96.1.
Responding rescue crew members freed Parady from the crumpled wreck using hydraulic cutters, and she was flown to Eastern Maine Medical Center for treatment to her injuries.
Parady's daughter was treated at the Aroostoock Medical Center for minor injuries and released.?
According to police, Parady was not wearing a seat belt, but her daughter was buckled in.?
The cause of the crash is under investigation.?
According to her Facebook page, Parady also has a younger child under the age of one.??
Parady, a mom-of-two, was not buckled in and suffered serious injuries, but her eldest daughter (left) managed to climb out of the wreck and seek help?
This is not the first time that the 26-year-old stay-at-home mom-of-two has been involved in a vehicular incident.
According to an article in the Bangor Daily News from April 2010, then-19-year-old Parady was arrested along with two other people in connection to a burglary after crashing their getaway car.?
In that case, the woman was charged with felony burglary, theft and criminal mischief, DUI, driving without a license and leaving the scene of a crash.
Two weeks ago, Parady was indicted by a grand jury on charges of theft and violation of conditions of release. ??
Most watched News videos
- Horrifying moment group of terrified deer jump from bridge
- Moment government is humiliated after losing crucial Brexit vote
- Little brother knocks down sister's opponent in wrestling match
- Comedian Peter Kay announces he's going back on the road
- Video claims to show arrest in Salford after 'deliberate' fire
- Shocking video shows couple having SEX on a beach in middle of day
- The Royals arrive at the Grenfell Tower fire memorial service
- Horrifying moment scrambler bike rider smashes into a girl
- Suspects of Manchester house fire leave court in police van
- First look inside the billion-dollar US embassy in London
- Facebook video shows Tony Boyd with Sophie Kelly in March
- Piers Morgan is on the hunt for a talented busker