Creepy video emerges of Matt Lauer telling Meredith Vieira to bend over so he could leer down her sweater – while another clip surfaces of Katie Couric saying ‘he pinches me on the a** a lot’
- New video emerged Wednesday showing former NBC Today host Matt Lauer making a lewd comment about him leering down Meredith Vieira’s sweater?
- The video, which was first posted by TMZ , shows Lauer and Vieira in the Today studio at Rockefeller Center during a commercial break in October 2006
- As Vieira bends over to pick up pieces of paper from a table, Lauer is heard telling her: ‘Pretty sweater. Keep bending over like that. It’s a nice view.’?
- Vieira, a veteran broadcast journalist, was co-anchor alongside Lauer at the Today show from 2006 until 2011?
- In a 2012 interview, Vieira's predecessor, Katie Couric, said Lauer's worst habit as Today show co-host was that he pinched her 'on the a** a lot'?
- Couric and Lauer co-hosted Today together from 1997 to 2006, when Couric left to anchor the CBS Evening News
- Lauer was fired from NBC today for sexual misconduct?
- The network said in a statement that Lauer's firing stems from one incident, and that only one person has complained against him in his years working there
New video emerged Wednesday showing former NBC Today host Matt Lauer making a lewd comment about him leering down then-co-host Meredith Vieira’s sweater - hours after another clip from 2012 surfaced in which Katie Couric says Lauer pinched her on her backside.
The video, which was first posted by TMZ, shows Lauer and Vieira in the Today studio at Rockefeller Center during a commercial break in October 2006.
According to TMZ, while most NBC affiliates were in commercial, one station kept broadcasting the live feed from the studio.
The tape shows Lauer sitting on the studio couch while Vieira is having her microphone adjusted by the technical crew on set.
As Vieira wandered over to near where Lauer was sitting, she bent down to grab some pieces of paper.
New video emerged Wednesday showing former NBC Today host Matt Lauer making a lewd comment about him leering down then-co-host Meredith Vieira’s sweater. Lauer (right) and Vieira are pictured above in this undated file photo
The video, which was first posted by TMZ , shows Lauer and Vieira in the Today studio at Rockefeller Center during a commercial break in October 2006.?Lauer is then heard telling her: ‘Pretty sweater. Keep bending over like that. It’s a nice view’
Lauer is then heard telling her: ‘Pretty sweater. Keep bending over like that. It’s a nice view.’
Vieira, a veteran broadcast journalist, served as the co-anchor at Today alongside Lauer from 2006 until 2011.
NBC announced early Wednesday morning that it had fired Lauer after it learned of at least one instance of his alleged sexual misconduct toward a female staffer.
The previously unseen clip is the second time on Wednesday that the public was reminded of Lauer's questionable sexual behavior toward a former Today co-anchor.
In a 2012 interview that resurfaced on Wednesday amid the scandal, Katie Couric, Vieira's predecessor, revealed that she had been sexually harassed by him.
Katie Couric revealed in a 2012 interview that Matt Lauer pinched her 'on the a** a lot' when they co-anchored the Today show?
The revelation was made during a game of Plead the Fifth on an episode of Andy Cohen's (pictured) Watch What Happens Live
Couric and Lauer co-hosted the Today Show from 1997 to 2006, when Couric left to anchor the CBS Evening News.
Couric and Lauer are pictured above at the celebration of Lauer's 20th year at Today last January
It happened during an appearance on the Bravo interview show Watch What Happens Live.?
Host Andy Cohen often subjects his visitors to a game of 'Plead the Fifth,' which involves answering three questions. Players are allowed to 'Plead the Fifth' in order to get out of answering one of the questions, but must answer at least two.?
For her third and final question, Cohen asked Couric what Lauer's worst habit was during their nearly a decade working together.?
Since she answered the first two questions, Couric could have skipped this question, but she decided to answer it anyway.?
After taking a beat to think, she turned to Cohen and said: 'He pinches me on the a** a lot.'?
'Wow, I wouldn't have a problem with that,' Cohen said, as he brought the show to an end.?
As he congratulated Couric on not pleading the fifth once during the game, she broke out into a smile.?
The interview was recorded six years after Couric left the Today show, when she was working as a special correspondent for ABC News.?
Couric and Lauer co-hosted the Today show together from January 1997 until May 2006, when Couric left the network to anchor the CBS Evening News.?
In their announcement on Wednesday, NBC News said that they had fired Lauer over a single claim of sexual misconduct from a female staffer.
They said that it was the only claim made against Lauer in his years working at the company, but Couric's 2012 interview muddles that statement since it's a clear act of sexual harassment. ??
It's unclear if NBC conducted an internal investigation over the 2012 comments. They declined to comment when questioned about the interview by DailyMail.com
Most watched News videos
- Bullied boy speaks out after students pick on him in school
- Homeowner's exploding package stops thieves over the years
- Shocking moment Chinese daredevil falls to death from skyscraper
- Woman puts life in danger as she rescues drowning dog from sea
- Video claims to show arrest in Salford after 'deliberate' fire
- Shocking video shows couple having SEX on a beach in middle of day
- 'Moment pipe bomb malfunctions': CCTV shows moment of explosion
- Terrifying moment bride is bitten by shark during honeymoon swim
- Heartwarming moment teen gets car from girlfriend's family
- MMA fighter posts video calling out mother of Keaton Jones
- Navajo men and women enjoy a traditional meal together in 1939
- Caller interrupts presenter after Chegwin's death announced