Son, 26, 'murders his father and cuts off the 61-year-old's penis' with a Bowie knife and saw, then poses for Facebook selfies in a jacket 'covered in his victim's blood'
- Carlton Edmondson, of Chicago, is facing first-degree murder charge in slaying and mutilation of Carl Edmondson, 61
- Victim was found in his blood- and brain-splattered basement on Saturday, with his skull bashed in and his penis cut off?
- Elder Edmondson was killed just five days after requesting an order of protection against his son, who had hurled a brick through his window on November 20?
- After the killing, Carlton posted bizarre status updates on Facebook and selfies in which he wore a blood-stained jacket
- During a bond hearing on Tuesday, Carlton was heard laughing while a prosecutor described the victim's?injuries?
A 26-year-old Chicago man has been accused of murder for allegedly killing his father, mutilating and dismembering his body, and then posing for gory selfies on Facebook.
Carlton Edmondson, a self-described producer and singer-songwriter, was taken into custody on Saturday in connection to the slaying of his father, 61-year-old Carl Edmondson, whose battered body was discovered in the basement of his home in the 11500 block of South Bishop Street.
Police officers went over to the address on Saturday to conduct a welfare check and found the victim with his head bashed in and blood and brain matter splattered on the floor and walls of the basement.
Savage killing:?Carlton Edmondson, 26 (left), is accused of murdering and dismembering his father, 61-year-old?Carl Edmondson (right), in Chicago last weekend?
A Bowie knife, a circular saw, a concrete capstone and a can of gasoline were also seized from the scene of the crime, according to prosecutors.
The elder Edmondson’s penis had been hacked off, and responding police officers recovered a piece of the organ in the basement, reported Chicago Sun-Times.
The victim’s corpse was covered in deep lacerations and reeked of gasoline, according to police.
On November 25, the younger Edmondson uploaded a series of photos onto his Facebook page showing him wearing a black-and-white jacket covered in what appears to be blood. Those images were still up on the social media site as of Wednesday morning.
Another post, which has since been taken down, appeared to show Carl Edmondson's caved-in head. It was accompanied by the peculiarly spelled caption: 'YoBaUDIE IS ma PARTY #BABHYHH,' reported Chicago Tribune.
Other bizarre status updates posted on the day of the killing read: 'EyEm OAWn mA pEriOd #beebop #silenceofthelambs #gdshit #chevezwhatupfolkz'; 'And they say I'm crazy #gdcochroach #iaintbudgeawierdo' nd 'EyE sIlEnCed thE LahmeDs.'
In one post, Edmondson requested a payment of $15million 'f4 tHE d***,' seemingly referring to his father's severed penis. ??
Grisly evidence:?Edmondson uploaded a series of photos onto his Facebook page showing him wearing a black-and-white jacket covered in what appears to be blood (left and right)
Five days prior, Edmondson had been arrested for throwing a rick through his father's window?
Carl Edmondson was killed just five days after requesting an order of protection against his son, stemming from a November 20 incident in which Carlton was arrested for allegedly hurling a brick through the window of his father's house.
The younger man was later released on a recognizance bond.
A handcuffed and shackled Carlton Edmondson appeared in court on Tuesday for a bond hearing, which was punctuated by several outbursts from the suspect.
When a prosecutor told the judge that Edmondson was facing counts of first-degree murder and violating the order of protection, the 26-year-old loudly protested: 'the order of protection is gone. He is no longer living.'
As Assistant State Attorney Julia Ramirez described the state of the victim's body, his son was heard quietly laughing to himself.
He also snickered when the prosecutor mentioned Carl Edmondson’s severed sex organ.
The judge eventually had the suspect removed from the courtroom and ordered that he be taken to a hospital to undergo a medical evaluation.
The 26-year-old murder suspect has an extensive criminal history, which includes arrests for petty theft, public intoxication and indecent exposure.?
His father had first sought an order of protection against Carlton in August, and then again in October, but it was not served until last week. ?
Most watched News videos
- Jacksonville man sentenced to life for shooting an off-duty cop
- Megyn Kelly reacts to Matt Lauer firing over 'sex assault'
- Matt Lauer seen returning to Hamptons home after Today show axe
- Savannah Guthrie reads apology from Matt Lauer on Today
- 'This one hits close to home': Megyn Kelly on Matt Lauer scandal
- NBC News has fired popular 'Today' show host Matt Lauer
- Victoria's Secret models say n-word during Cardi B singalong
- Savannah Guthrie 'heartbroken' over Matt Lauer scandal
- Talkative dog lets out a series of howls during bath time
- Hilarious moment playful husky jumps around on trampoline
- Weinstein accuser attends BAFTA party after alleged attack
- Burger King manager screams at customer who took too long to order
The comments below have been moderated in advance.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.