Male babysitter, 35, is convicted of nearly 100 counts for raping two children, recording the assaults and setting some of the videos to music
- Manhattan jury took less than an hour on Tuesday to find Milton Narvaez guilty of 98 criminal counts related to child rape?
- Narvaez was arrested in 2015 during investigation into online child pornography
- Manhattan DA's Office says Narvaez raped a boy in his care from age six to age 12
- He also sexually assaulted a young girl inside storage closet at Armenian Church in Midtown Manhattan, where he worked as a janitor ?
Predator: Milton Narvaez, 35,?has been found guilty of 98 counts for repeatedly raping two children - one of them inside a church - and producing videos and slideshows of the assaults set to music
A Manhattan babysitter has been found guilty of repeatedly raping two children - one of them inside a church - and producing videos and slideshows of the assaults set to music.
It took a New York State Supreme Court jury less than an hour on Tuesday to convict Milton Narvaez of 98 criminal counts, including predatory sexual assault against a child, sexual abuse and dozens of counts of promoting and possessing child pornography.?
Milton's conviction at trial was announced in a written statement released by Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance.
'There are few acts more horrific than the long-term sexual abuse of a child,' Vance said.?
'As a babysitter and custodian with access to children, Milton Narvaez abused his position to rape two children, before further exploiting them by recording video of the acts.
He added: 'The children of this City will be safer with Milton Narvaez out of our homes and churches.'
According to prosecutors, Narvaez was employed as a babysitter by several Manhattan families, and also worked as a custodian at the Eastern Diocese of the Armenian Church in Midtown Manhattan.
Desecrated: In 2011, Narvaez raped a little girl in a storage room of the Armenian Church in Midtown Manhattan, where he worked as a janitor?
Beginning in February 2008, Narvaez, who also used the name Milton Gomez, repeatedly raped a boy who was in his care, and the abuse continued for six years, from the time the victim was six years old to about 12 years old.
Then on October 15, 2011, Narvaez also raped a little girl in a storage room of the Armenian Church, according to prosecutors.?
'Narvaez documented some of the rapes and created montages of videos and photographs, which he set to music,’ according to Vance.
The years-long sexual abuse was uncovered in 2015 in the course of a routine investigation into online child pornography that was carried out by the DA's office's Cybercrime and Identify Theft Unit.?
Vance said that Narvaez shared and possessed dozens of images depicting children performing sexual acts.
The 35-year-old convicted child rapist is due back in court on Friday. He could be looking at up to 25 years to life in prison for his crimes.?
Most watched News videos
- Daring commuters pass hills engulfed in flames by Cali wildfires
- President Trump slurs speech during Jerusalem address
- Palestinians torch Trump photos in protest against embassy move
- Huge wildfire rages alongside busy Interstate 405 in California
- Met Office: Winds strengthen across UK as Storm Caroline develops
- 'Home's South London mate' Sadiq Khan's retort to BBC reporter
- Motorcyclist chased by driver before being mown down and killed
- Matt Lauer spotted leaving Long Island deli without wedding ring
- Trump announces he recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel
- Hospital video: North Korean defector undergoes life-saving surgery
- Palestinians protest US recognition of Jerusalem as Israel capital
- Man rescues rabbit amidst intensifying flames from LA wildfire