Male babysitter, 35, is convicted of nearly 100 counts for raping two children, recording the assaults and setting some of the videos to music
- Manhattan jury took less than an hour on Tuesday to find Milton Narvaez guilty of 98 criminal counts related to child rape?
- Narvaez was arrested in 2015 during investigation into online child pornography
- Manhattan DA's Office says Narvaez raped a boy in his care from age six to age 12
- He also sexually assaulted a young girl inside storage closet at Armenian Church in Midtown Manhattan, where he worked as a janitor ?
Predator: Milton Narvaez, 35,?has been found guilty of 98 counts for repeatedly raping two children - one of them inside a church - and producing videos and slideshows of the assaults set to music
A Manhattan babysitter has been found guilty of repeatedly raping two children - one of them inside a church - and producing videos and slideshows of the assaults set to music.
It took a New York State Supreme Court jury less than an hour on Tuesday to convict Milton Narvaez of 98 criminal counts, including predatory sexual assault against a child, sexual abuse and dozens of counts of promoting and possessing child pornography.?
Milton's conviction at trial was announced in a written statement released by Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance.
'There are few acts more horrific than the long-term sexual abuse of a child,' Vance said.?
'As a babysitter and custodian with access to children, Milton Narvaez abused his position to rape two children, before further exploiting them by recording video of the acts.
He added: 'The children of this City will be safer with Milton Narvaez out of our homes and churches.'
According to prosecutors, Narvaez was employed as a babysitter by several Manhattan families, and also worked as a custodian at the Eastern Diocese of the Armenian Church in Midtown Manhattan.
Desecrated: In 2011, Narvaez raped a little girl in a storage room of the Armenian Church in Midtown Manhattan, where he worked as a janitor?
Beginning in February 2008, Narvaez, who also used the name Milton Gomez, repeatedly raped a boy who was in his care, and the abuse continued for six years, from the time the victim was six years old to about 12 years old.
Then on October 15, 2011, Narvaez also raped a little girl in a storage room of the Armenian Church, according to prosecutors.?
'Narvaez documented some of the rapes and created montages of videos and photographs, which he set to music,’ according to Vance.
The years-long sexual abuse was uncovered in 2015 in the course of a routine investigation into online child pornography that was carried out by the DA's office's Cybercrime and Identify Theft Unit.?
Vance said that Narvaez shared and possessed dozens of images depicting children performing sexual acts.
The 35-year-old convicted child rapist is due back in court on Friday. He could be looking at up to 25 years to life in prison for his crimes.?
Most watched News videos
- Warning: Various graphic clips from ingrown hair removal videos
- Matt Lauer seen returning to Hamptons home after Today show axe
- Flynn leaves court after pleading guilty to lying to the FBI
- Jacksonville man sentenced to life for shooting an off-duty cop
- Victoria's Secret models say n-word during Cardi B singalong
- Surveillance video shows Palm Beach cop shoot his ex-girlfriend
- WHAT?!: Incredible moment dog reacts to news she'll get a brother
- Abandoned baby found in plastic bag left on motorbike sidecar
- Touching moment Prince Harry straightens young fan's hat
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle carry out first royal engagement together
- Megan Markle and Prince Harry announce their engagement
- Royal fashion: Meghan Markle sparkles on Nottingham visit