Teenage boys, 15, who lured girl to basement to sexually assault her and broadcast it on Facebook live are let off with probation
- The two boys, one of whom is a school athlete, were originally charged with aggravated sexual assault and child pornography?
- On March 19, they lured a girl their age to a basement in Chicago to assault her
- They live streamed the attack on Facebook and it was seen by 40 of their friends
- The boys asked her if she wanted to have sex 'the easy way or the hard way'?
- One threatened to set an angry pit bull on her if she tried to run away ?
- None of the viewers reported the attack and the girl has since been bullied
- The boys, who handed themselves in to police, will now just plead guilty to a single count of child pornography
- The girl has not been able to return to school and her family say she is 'traumatized'?
Two 15-year-old boys who sexually assaulted a girl and live streamed it on Facebook have been let off with probation sentences.?
As part of a deal with prosecutors, the boys, neither of whom has been named, will now admit a single count of child pornography. The length of their probation will be decided by a judge later.
Neither will be convicted of aggravated sexual assault, one of the many charges they were originally facing, according to CBS Chicago.?
The attack took place in Chicago on March 19 this year.?
Two teenage boys who sexually assaulted a 15-year-old girl and live streamed it on Facebook have been spared jail and are being given a probation sentence. They were being held at Cook County Juvenile Center but will soon be released as part of their plea deal?
The boys, one of whom is a school athlete, met the girl, who is also 15, in a park and lured her to the basement of a nearby home where they asked her if she wanted to have sex 'the easy way or the hard way'.?
It is not clear if they ran into her or if they had arranged to meet. ?Prosecutors previously said the three knew one another.
They then took turns sexually assaulting her and live streamed it on Facebook where 40 of their friends tuned in, prosecutors said.?
During the attack, one of the boys threatened to set an angry pit bull on the girl if she attempted to flee.
They both handed themselves in to police and were charged with four counts of aggravated assault, three of manufacturing child pornography and three of disseminating child pornography.?
The boys shared footage of the sexual attack on Facebook and it was viewed by 40 people, none of whom reported it (file image)
All but one of those child pornography charges have now been dropped.?
Assistant State's Attorney?Maha Gardner?did not respond to questions over the reduced charges on Wednesday morning.
Because the case was tried in juvenile court, neither of the two boys is being identified. ?
During juvenile court proceedings, the girl's family - who are also not being named in order to protect her identity - said she had been bullied online because of the attack and had not returned to school.?
She said she was 'traumatized' and that the family had to be moved to a safe house by police. ???
Most watched News videos
- Daring commuters pass hills engulfed in flames by Cali wildfires
- Palestinians torch Trump photos in protest against embassy move
- President Trump slurs speech during Jerusalem address
- Met Office: Winds strengthen across UK as Storm Caroline develops
- Huge wildfire rages alongside busy Interstate 405 in California
- Matt Lauer spotted leaving Long Island deli without wedding ring
- Motorcyclist chased by driver before being mown down and killed
- Trump announces he recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel
- Hospital video: North Korean defector undergoes life-saving surgery
- Davis reveals there is no study for impact of Brexit on economy
- 'Home's South London mate' Sadiq Khan's retort to BBC reporter
- Palestinians protest US recognition of Jerusalem as Israel capital