Aled Jones is pictured for the first time since sexual harassment claims surfaced as BBC axe hovers over the Songs Of Praise presenter
Songs of Praise presenter Aled Jones has been seen out for the first time since a female colleague alleged he sent her inappropriate messages.
The 46-year-old is off-air while bosses investigate an allegation of inappropriate behaviour made by the woman.
The married father of two has said he was 'deeply sorry' for 'occasionally acting like a juvenile' but denied any 'inappropriate contact'.
BBC presenter Aled Jones was seen out for the first time since he was taken off air after a female colleague accused him of sending inappropriate messages
He has not appeared on Songs of Praise of BBC Radio Wales since the allegations emerged
Former choirboy Jones has not appeared on the BBC since last month when he appeared on his BBC Radio Wales show.
The previous week he hosted Songs Of Praise from the Welsh town of Pontypridd but has not presented it since.
A spokesman for the TV star said: 'Aled voluntarily agreed not to go on the BBC while the matter is investigated.
'Whilst he accepts that his behaviour over a decade ago was occasionally juvenile… he never intended to harass or distress and he strongly denies any inappropriate contact.'?
He was seen jumping onto the back of a motorbike outside his south-west London home
His future at the BBC remains unclear after the corporation refused to comment on the claims
The singer's mother-in-law, Elaine Fossett, has said he is incapable of sexual harassment.
The 74-year-old said: 'It is utterly, utterly appalling. A nicer, nicer guy you couldn’t wish to meet. He is totally incapable of sexual harassment.'?
The BBC has refused to comment on the presenters future or the allegations he faces.
The BBC star, received an MBE in 2013 for his services to music and broadcasting, lives in a ￡1.8million house in south-west London with his wife of 16 years, Claire Fossett, 41, and two children.?
His 15-year-old daughter Emilia is an actress and has starred in Doctor Who, Utopia and Wolf Hall, while his son, Lucas, shares a duet with his father on his new album One Voice: Believe.
Jones met his wife, a member of the Fossett circus family, in Blackpool while starring in the musical Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
Most watched News videos
- Behind the scenes: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle goof around
- Meghan Markle says Prince Harry proposal was 'amazing surprise'
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle discuss meeting for the first time
- Lip reading: Harry describes moment he knew they were meant to be
- 'She's capable of anything' Prince Harry gushes over fiancé Meghan
- Prince Harry: 'Hopefully we'll start a family in the near future'
- Shocking moment 'travellers' try to steal driver's dashcam
- The late Malcolm Young is farewelled at St Mary's Cathedral
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announce their engagement
- North Korea could complete their nuclear program within a YEAR
- 'She's an incredible woman' Meghan Markle on meeting the Queen
- 'We will take care of it': Trump on North Korean missile launch