eBay sellers cash in on Harry and Meghan engagement tat with decorative tea-towels, t-shirts and diamante iPhone covers
- eBay sellers are selling merchandise from magnets to cushions and keyrings
- Consumers can buy sets of commemorative edible wafer paper cake toppers
- Other sellers on auction website are trying to shift newspapers from yesterday
Also on offer are commemorative mugs with Union Jack and Stars and Stripes flags in love heart shapes, and even sets of edible wafer paper cake toppers.
Commemorative mugs (left) and diamante iPhone covers (right) are among the items on sale
Consumers on eBay can also buy a thimble (left) or cushion (right) to mark the occasion
Fridge magnets (left) or bookmarks (right) are also being sold on the auction website eBay
Wafer paper cake toppers (left) and commemorative T-shirts are both on eBay (right)
Consumers can also buy keyrings, badges, posters and T-shirts with the phrase 'Prince Harry and Meghan Markle 2017 - Duke and Duchess of Sussex'.
Other sellers on the auction website are trying to shift newspapers and magazines marking the occasion ahead of the couple's wedding planned for next May.
Meanwhile, at the higher end of the market, British firm Emma Bridgewater revealed details of a commemorative mug celebrating the loved-up couple's engagement.
Within minutes of the impending nuptials being announced, the brand began making the handmade china in its Stoke-on-Trent factory to mark the occasion.
The half-pint mug features a classic spongeware design applied by hand, with the words 'Harry & Meghan are engaged' in pale blue surrounded by two red scrolls.?
A commemorative tea-towel (left) and set of newspaper cuttings (right) are also on sale
Other eBay sellers have also put commemorative mugs up for sale on the website
A pin badge (left) and photo print (right) can also be purchased on eBay today
At the higher end of the market, Emma Bridgewater revealed details of a commemorative mug with the words 'Harry & Meghan are engaged' celebrating the loved-up couple's engagement
The other side of the ￡19.95 piece displays the engagement announcement date '27th November 2017'. The mug is edged in small pale blue hearts and tiny red dots.
Designer Emma Bridgewater said: 'We have been creating commemorative ware for nearly every royal occasion for the past 30 years.
'Britain has marked its national rites of passage in china for two centuries, mostly made in Stoke-on-Trent.
'We are proud to be part of that tradition and celebrate the most recent happy news.'
The much-anticipated news of the engagement was confirmed by the Prince of Wales on Monday, with the wedding expected to take place at a church next May.?
Most watched News videos
- Sir Elton on stage in Barcelona just hours before his mother died
- Busted! Package thief caught after her getaway driver flees
- Heartbreaking footage shows helpless puppies rescued from tar
- Everyone is trying the latest trend: Invisible box challenge!
- New invisible box jump trend takes Twitter by storm
- Moment thrill seeking base jumpers leap from 530ft Beachy Head
- Horrifying moment dashcam shows lorry ploughing into two cars
- Earl Kimrey charged with the death of 3-year-old Mariah Miller
- Disturbing video shows teen hurling a cat into the street
- Nigel Farage defends Donald Trump retweeting Britain First
- Hospital video: North Korean defector undergoes life-saving surgery
- 'Hypocrite' Nigel Farage refuses to hand back ￡73,000 EU pension