Fraud gang 'emptied Emeli Sande's account of ￡300,000 after Barclays cashier gave them her details and bank card'
Popstar Emili Sande and her ex-husband were the victims of a ￡300,000 bank scam, it emerged today.
Alleged fraudster Rasad Salam has gone on trial in London accused of being the inside man for a team of criminals who raided Barclays bank accounts.
His trial heard today that Ms Sande and her ex-husband Adam Gouraguine were targeted by the fraudsters, who used Mr Gouraguine's personal details to transfer ￡290,000 out of their account.
Popstar Emeli Sande was among the victims of a Barclays bank fraud gang, a court heard. Alleged 'inside man' Rasad Salam is on trial for?fraud by abuse of position.
The alleged crime took place a year after the couple split, but they were still sharing a joint bank account, London's Evening Standard reported.
An earlier heard Salam, 24, allegedly ransacked ten separate accounts for a total of ￡354,050 while working for the banking group.
His other victims allegedly lost between ￡35,000 and ￡500 from the others.
Salam, of Forest Gate, south-east London, denies 13 counts of fraud by abuse of position.
Most watched News videos
- Behind the scenes: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle goof around
- Meghan Markle says Prince Harry proposal was 'amazing surprise'
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle discuss meeting for the first time
- 'She's capable of anything' Prince Harry gushes over fiancé Meghan
- Lip reading: Harry describes moment he knew they were meant to be
- Prince Harry: 'Hopefully we'll start a family in the near future'
- The late Malcolm Young is farewelled at St Mary's Cathedral
- Shocking moment 'travellers' try to steal driver's dashcam
- Shocking deadly knife fight leads to pram being hurled into a road
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announce their engagement
- 'She's an incredible woman' Meghan Markle on meeting the Queen
- North Korea could complete their nuclear program within a YEAR
Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.