Woman whose husband punched her every time someone 'liked' one of her Facebook photos has to have her face rebuilt
- Adolfina Camelli Ortigoza was beaten up every time she got a Facebook 'like'
- The 21-year-old's husband was holding her against her will and abusing her
- Pedro Heriberto Galeano would 'punish' her for any reactions on social media
- The abuse was so severe that she has had to undergo reconstructive surgery
A Paraguayan woman has been forced to undergo reconstructive surgery on her face after her jealous husband punched her every time someone 'liked' her pictures on?Facebook.
Adolfina Camelli Ortigoza, 21, had been held against her will in the couple's home and subjected to constant beatings by her 32-year-old husband, police say.
When police were finally alerted, Ms Ortigoza had been so badly abused her body and face was disfigured and she required extensive surgery.?
Abused:?Adolfina Camelli Ortigoza, 21, from Nemby, Paraguay, was 'punished' by her husband every time she got a positive reaction to one of her photos or posts on Facebook
Yesterday the woman's lawyer told how partner Pedro Heriberto Galeano would become violent when anyone liked the photos she posted of herself on Facebook.
He began to beat her up every time one of her friends on Facebook reacted to any of her posts.?
Galeano later took control of her Facebook page, where he would post pictures of her, and continued to punch and kick her for every 'like' the posts received.?
Lawyer Arnaldo Martinez told how Ms Ortigoza, from Nemby near Asuncion, Paraguay, would dread a notification telling her that someone had reacted or commented on a post.
Her friends had no idea that each time they made the friendly online gesture she would be brutally beaten.?
Horrifying: Ms Ortigoza's facial injuries from the abuse were so extensive that she has needed reconstructive surgery
Shocking: The young woman was found covered in bruises after constant beatings
He said: 'Her mouth was all broken, she was very damaged, her skin was hanging off because of the blows.?
'He controlled the victim's social networking sites, he controlled the messages and photos, and for every 'like' she received from her friends, the woman received a beating because he accused her of having a relationship with them.'?
Mr Martinez said she only didn't lose her teeth because 'he would put a cloth in her mouth so that she would not scream during the brutal beatings that she suffered daily.'?
Evil: Galeano later took control of her Facebook page, where he would post pictures of her, and continued to punch and kick her for every 'like' the posts received
The man's father finally reported his violent son to the police after he believed the woman would die following the last beating she received, according to reports.?
Ms Ortigoza was so disfigured by the violence she wasn't able to recognised herself after being shown photos of herself after being beaten.?
She underwent reconstruction operations of the nasal septum and lips.?
Galeano was captured and charged with attempted femicide, deprivation of liberty and coersion, crimes which carry a maximum penalty of 30 years in prison.?
Most watched News videos
- Bye, Felicia! Robin Roberts throws serious shade at Omarosa
- North Korea appears to reveal image of Kim Jong-il with atomic bomb
- The Royals arrive at the Grenfell Tower fire memorial service
- Horrifying moment group of terrified deer jump from bridge
- Shocking video shows couple having SEX on a beach in middle of day
- Security evacuates FCC's net neutrality meeting after bomb threat
- Moment government is humiliated after losing crucial Brexit vote
- Horrifying moment woman is pushed in front of train in Bucharest
- Puppy power! Baby gets group hug by six adorable baby Mastiffs
- Video claims to show arrest in Salford after 'deliberate' fire
- Hillary spotted wearing surgical boot while promoting her book
- Royal Family and Prime Minister attend Grenfell Memorial