Next recalls children's coats over buttons that could come off and become a choking hazard
- High street chain Next has recalled two of its children's coats from its 538 stores
- The company said buttons on garments could 'become detached' once put on
- It has now recalled the coats because of fears they could be a 'choking hazard'?
British fashion chain Next has recalled two children's coats over fears they could be potential choking hazards.
The high street clothing store made the urgent announcement on its website after tests showed the buttons on the garments could be a 'potential problem'.
It has now removed the child's grey or pink fur collar coat and a child's navy hooded coat from its shelves because they could choke the youngsters.
Next said the buttons on the fur collar coats could 'become detached' and that the there was an issue with the popper fastenings on the hooded coat.
The British clothing store has recalled its grey/pink fur collar coat (left) and its navy hooded coat (right) over safety fears
The company added that the two items of clothing 'passed rigorous testing' but its high standards were not met because of the 'bulk production'.
A statement was posted online: 'Unfortunately, it's come to light that there's a potential problem with the buttons which could become detached presenting a choking hazard to young children.
'The coat passed the rigorous testing required for childrenswear, however we have identified that the bulk production has not achieved the same high standard consistently.?
'We've taken the decision of recalling it and request that you return the coat to us for a full refund.
The British clothing chain (pictured) has recalled two of its children's coats over fears they could be a potential choking hazard?
'Please call us on 0333 777 8185 to arrange a collection, or return it to your local store, if this would suit you better.
'If you have given this item as a gift, please ask the recipient to contact Next.
'We're very sorry for any disappointment and inconvenience caused, but we hope you'll understand that customer safety is our highest priority.'
The grey and pink fur collar coat can be identified by the number 191228. The navy hooded coat's number is 182560.
Most watched News videos
- Daring commuters pass hills engulfed in flames by Cali wildfires
- Palestinians torch Trump photos in protest against embassy move
- Pot user describes 'scromiting' syndrome Cannabinoid Hyperemesis
- Met Office: Winds strengthen across UK as Storm Caroline develops
- Christine Keeler, ex-showgirl at centre of Profumo scandal, dies
- Davis reveals there is no study for impact of Brexit on economy
- Huge wildfire rages alongside busy Interstate 405 in California
- President Trump slurs speech during Jerusalem address
- Matt Lauer spotted leaving Long Island deli without wedding ring
- Hospital video: North Korean defector undergoes life-saving surgery
- Trump announces he recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel
- EU warns Trump against recognizing Jerusalem as Israeli capital