Shocking moment a man is sent flying after a driver smashes into him as he tries to confront hoons doing doughnuts just metres from children playing on a beach
- A man toppled over a car bonnet after he was hit by a car performing doughnuts
- He is seen in footage of the incident walking toward the vehicle with a pole
- The man is seemingly attempting to deter the hooligans when he is knocked?
- Police say the driver will be charged and the man is in hospital with head injuries?
A man who toppled over a car bonnet after a driver smashed into him was confronting hooligans about the dangers of doing doughnuts on an outer Auckland beach.
In the shocking video a man is seen walking toward one of two cars performing burnouts on the west coast of New Zealand.?
A man in a blue shirt is seen walking towards the car with a pole to intervene in the hooligan behaviour before he is mowed down.?
A man toppled over a car bonnet after he was hit by a car performing doughnuts (pictured)?
Davey Kaumavae filmed the incident after watching the erratic driving on the beach.
'We had a family fun day and after about 10 minutes of being there I saw three or four boy-racers coming down the hill,' he told the NZ Herald.?
He happened to be filming when the man was knocked into the air.?
'Afterward we walked up to see him and if he was all right. There was a lot of blood,' Kaumavae added.
The driver of the vehicle is set to face charges which could include assault with a vehicle and dangerous or reckless driving and his vehicle has been impounded.
The man is seemingly attempting to deter the hooligans when he is knocked over the car?
After suffering from head injuries, the man who was struck down is still in hospital.?
'Police are investigating a serious incident at Karioitahi Beach on Sunday afternoon where a pedestrian on the beach who tried to intervene was struck and flung into the windscreen by a car that was doing extended skids on the sand right in front of the main carpark,' Sergeant Dean Borrell of Counties Manukau police told Stuff.?
Officers were made aware of the incident shortly after and say although the incident took place on the sand, the beach is still classed as a road.
A number of witnesses were interviewed at the scene who told police that multiple people were attempting to stop the boy racers.
Police are continuing investigations.
Most watched News videos
- Daring commuters pass hills engulfed in flames by Cali wildfires
- Palestinians torch Trump photos in protest against embassy move
- Pot user describes 'scromiting' syndrome Cannabinoid Hyperemesis
- Christine Keeler, ex-showgirl at centre of Profumo scandal, dies
- Met Office: Winds strengthen across UK as Storm Caroline develops
- Davis reveals there is no study for impact of Brexit on economy
- Huge wildfire rages alongside busy Interstate 405 in California
- Matt Lauer spotted leaving Long Island deli without wedding ring
- Hospital video: North Korean defector undergoes life-saving surgery
- President Trump slurs speech during Jerusalem address
- Trump announces he recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel
- Australian gamer beats 15-year record for GoldenEye 007