Bungling burglar writhes on the ground in agony after plunging 20ft through a supermarket roof before hobbling off to complete his raid
- The hapless thief raided a store in Straubing, in the German state of Bavaria
- He plummeted through the roof and crashed to the ground, injuring himself
- After spending time on the floor nursing his injuries he carried out the raid
- The man made off with ￡18,000 worth of jewellery and police are investigating?
A bungling burglar was left writhing in agony after crashing through the roof of a supermarket he was trying to raid and dropping 20ft to the ground.
CCTV footage captured the moment the hapless thief plummeted through the ceiling of a store in Straubing, in the German state of Bavaria.
After he hits the floor he is showered with debris and narrowly missed hitting wine shelves on the way down.
According to local media, the burglar had climbed onto the roof of the building and entered the shop through a window on November 18.?
CCTV footage captured the moment the bungling burglar crashed through a supermarket roof in Germany
The hapless thief had stepped onto a false ceiling and plummeted to the ground below. He ended up lying in the floor covered in debris
In the footage, he rolls around on the floor rubbing his head in pain. He narrowly missed crashing into a shelf of wine bottles
But he was standing on a false ceiling that could not support his weight and ended up on the ground holding his head in ?pain.?
After spending some time on the floor, rubbing his legs, he tries to stand up but nearly stumbles into some wine shelves.?
A supermarket employee shared the clip in the hopes of tracking down the intruder.?
Supermarket chief Anton Gleich said: 'We could not believe it ourselves.?
'And as annoying as the damage is for us, of course we had to laugh. The police too, by the way.'?
Even though the so far unknown burglar seemingly injured himself in the fall, he managed to hobble off to complete his robbery.?
According to Gleich, the man smashed two showcases and stole silver jewellery, also damaging the front door on his way out of the building.?
The reported damages are estimated around ￡18,000. ?German police are probing the raid.?
The raider managed to get himself up onto one knee - before falling back to the ground in pain
The unknown man had to lie down while he recovered from his injuries after falling 20ft from a supermarket roof
Eventually, the thief manages to pull himself together and put a mask on. He then carried out the raid, making of with jewellery worth an estimated ￡18,000
Most watched News videos
- Shocking moment thug set man on fire using FIVE liters of petrol
- Moment police shoot dead two men including a hostage victim
- Shocking footage shows prisoners tortured by guards in Brazil
- Shocking dashcam shows man trying to strangle driving instructor
- Violent London moped gang locked up after string of robberies
- Young woman in hijab 'refused service' at Holloway McDonalds
- WHAT?!: Incredible moment dog reacts to news she'll get a brother
- CCTV shows man attacking traffic warden after getting a ticket
- Nigel Farage defends Donald Trump retweeting Britain First
- Horrifying moment dashcam shows lorry ploughing into two cars
- Moment thrill seeking base jumpers leap from 530ft Beachy Head
- Graphic police video of Fermin Vincent Valenzuela being stunned