Female corrections officer, 28, is charged with having sex with inmate and sneaking contraband into jail
- Nakisha Newell, 28, charged with two counts of felony sexual battery and two counts of conveyance
- Now-fired corrections officer at Butler County Jail in Ohio allegedly had sex with a male inmate and slipped in a cellphone and electronic cigarettes
- Newell was caught after a corrections sergeant noticed something suspicious and tipped off the sheriff ??
A female corrections officer from Ohio has been arrested for allegedly having sex with at least one inmate and bringing contraband into the county jail.
Butler County Sheriff Richard Jones says 28-year-old Nakisha Newell has been charged with two counts of felony sexual battery and two counts of conveyance.
Newell is suspected of slipping in a cellphone and electronic cigarettes, in addition to allegedly engaging in sexual activity with an inmate at Butler County Jail.
Jailer jailed:?Nakisha Newell, 28, a female corrections officer from Ohio, has been charged with having sex with an inmate and smuggling contraband?
Axed: Newell had worked at the butler County Jail for 18 months, until her firing on Monday
According to Jones, the woman was immediately fired from her corrections job.
Newell had worked at the correctional facility for 18 months.?
The investigation into Newell got under way after an 'observant corrections sergeant' tipped off her superiors about her activities related to suspected contraband, which he 'didn’t think were right,' according to Major Mike Craft, of the Sheriff’s Office.
Busted: The investigation into Newell got under way after an 'observant corrections sergeant' tipped off her superiors
When she was questioned about the smuggled items, the 28-year-old woman reportedly admitted to having sex with a male inmate, reported Dayton Daily News.
‘Being a corrections officer is a noble but tough job,’ Jones said in the news release. "These men and women work hard and always have to be on their guard.
‘My employees take pride in their work and strive to ensure this facility maintains a great reputation. She has tarnished that and I do not want people like that working for me.’
Newell could face additional charges as the investigation continues to unfold.
Because of her past connection to the Butler County Jail, Newell is being held in a different facility in another county.
There is no word on whether her incarcerated lover would face charges as well.?
Most watched News videos
- Video claims to show arrest in Salford after 'deliberate' fire
- Woman puts life in danger as she rescues drowning dog from sea
- Shocking video shows couple having SEX on a beach in middle of day
- Bullied boy speaks out after students pick on him in school
- Shocking moment Chinese daredevil falls to death from skyscraper
- Caller interrupts presenter after Chegwin's death announced
- Father Christmas skids car to a stop to come to the rescue
- Heartwarming moment teen gets car from girlfriend's family
- Homeowner's exploding package stops thieves over the years
- Navajo men and women enjoy a traditional meal together in 1939
- Terrifying moment bride is bitten by shark during honeymoon swim
- 'Moment pipe bomb malfunctions': CCTV shows moment of explosion