Mother, 24, 'threw her newborn at baby's father with the words "take your f***ing son" during a fight and broke child's skull'
- Heidy Rios, of Louisiana, charged with cruelty to a juvenile?
- Rios is accused of throwing her 26-day-old son at his father's feet during a heated Thanksgiving Day argument?
- Newborn baby suffered a fracture to his right temporal bone?
'Bad mom': Heidy Rios, 24, has been charged with?cruelty to a juvenile after she allegedly threw her 26-day-old son at his father's feet during a Thanksgiving Day fight ?
A Louisiana mother has been arrested after police say she hurled her three-week-old son at the feet of his father during a fight, leaving the newborn with a cracked skull on Thanksgiving Day.
Heidy Rios, 24, of Terrytown, was booked into the Jefferson Parish jail on Friday on a charge of cruelty to a juvenile.
According to a Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Ofifce report, Rios' boyfriend on Thursday took his 26-day-old son to Children’s Hospital in New Orleans, where doctors diagnosed the infant with a fracture of his right temporal bone and contacted the authorities.
When interviewed by detectives, the boy's father said he and his girlfriend were having a heated argument on Thanksgiving Day when she grabbed their newborn and threw him at the man's feet, telling him, 'take your f***ing son,
Following her arrest on Friday morning, the 24-year-old mom initially denied even holding the baby in her arms during the argument with her boyfriend and feigned ignorance over the circumstances of the baby's injuries, reported Nola.com.
Rios, of Canteel Court in Terrytown, Louisiana (pictured), was arrested on Friday, but initially denied any wrongdoing?
Rios' infant was was taken to?Children’s Hospital in New Orleans, where doctors diagnosed the infant with a fracture of his right temporal bone
But the 24-year-old suspect changed her story after a 'neutral' witness came forward, confirming that Rios had been cradling the newborn at the time of Thursday's fight.
During a second round of questioning, Rios conceded that she 'may have dropped the child' while quarrelling with her boyfriend.
The woman was being held without bond on Tuesday.
Her infant son’s head injuries have been described as non-life-thtreatening, according to the sheriff's office.?
Most watched News videos
- Devastation at Cocoanut Grove after deadly fire in 1942
- Footage shows moment after officer shot man with 'fake gun'
- Nutcracker performed for First Lady at the White House
- Trump makes a 'Pocahontas' Elizabeth Warren joke at Navajo event
- Horrifying moment rescuers find dog cruelly encased in ice by owner
- Footage of cabin where woman was kept as a sex slave for 10 years
- Melania Trump prepares for first Christmas at White House
- Meghan Markle must leave her dog behind as it too old to fly
- Serena Williams posts video of her tropical honeymoon villa
- Burger King manager screams at customer who took too long to order
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's tender moments during engagement
- Meghan Markle's ex is spotted on the day of her engagement
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.