'Get on with it mate': Harry's friends told him to hurry up his proposal to Meghan in case she got cold feet about joining the royal family, Tom Bradby reveals
- Tom Bradby reveals Prince Harry's friends urged him to 'hurry up and propose'
- They have all taken quickly to Miss Markle and believe she is 'perfect choice'
- It is felt she has the ability to tackle the pressures that come with the family
- Presenter is well-known to royals and has covered many significant events?
According to ITV News at Ten presenter Tom Bradby, the Royal’s inner circle could tell ‘how in love with her’ he was and believed she was more than capable of handling the pressures that come with his family.
Prince Harry proposed to Meghan Markle after being urged by his friends to 'hurry up' for fear she might get 'tired of waiting', according to ITV News presenter Tom Bradby?
Mr Bradby, pictured, said Harry's brother and inner circle of friends were quick to take to Miss Markle and believe she is the perfect choice for him
He is also a former royal correspondent for ITV, covering The Queen’s Golden Jubilee and the deaths of the Queen Mother and Princess Margaret.
Writing in the Evening Standard, Mr Bradby said the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge ‘took forcefully’ to Miss Markle from the beginning while his friends found her ‘amusing, approachable and down to earth’.
But he added she found the initial exposure that came with dating a Prince unsettling, although quickly came to handle the pressure.
He said: ‘She is said to have found the initial press attention, the relentless stalking of the paparazzi and the attempts to seduce or bribe all around her for information unsettling and strange, but she understands how the media works (up to a point) and appears ready to take whatever she has to with a pinch of salt.’
The presenter added Harry’s crowd also told him to get on with it to compliment the ‘bedrock of domestic happiness’ that Prince William and Kate’s marriage has given the country.
He wrote: ‘If you had to pick one thing beyond that for the heir’s brother, you might say that a nod towards an increasingly diverse country wouldn’t hurt.
The presenter, left, is a former royal correspondent and is a friend of the Middleton family, having been invited to Pippa's wedding this year, right with wife Claudia
He also conducted the first interview after Prince William and Kate Middleton announced their engagement in 2010, pictured
‘A mixed-race campaigner for women’s rights in an age when these are the issues at the heart of the national debate? In terms of timing and ability to capture the mood, no screenwriter could have improved on Harry’s decision to marry Meghan. It’s bang on.’
Mr Bradby said Miss Markle, a strong role model for young women as an actress and campaigner, has ‘not put a foot wrong’ yet and there is little evidence to suggest she will, despite the palace lifestyle potentially being ‘the loneliest place on earth’.
It is unclear whether she has ended her acting career or will return to it later either in the US or on these shores, or how much time she will devote to humanitarian efforts, but according to Mr Bradby the nation’s support is likely to see the couple through the challenges that lie ahead.
Most watched News videos
- Disturbing video shows teen hurling a cat into the street
- Everyone is trying the latest trend: Invisible box challenge!
- New invisible box jump trend takes Twitter by storm
- Creepy optical illusion in the sky leaves internet baffled
- Sir Elton on stage in Barcelona just hours before his mother died
- Hospital video: North Korean defector undergoes life-saving surgery
- Persons of interest in the death of Sydney Loofe release video
- Heartbreaking footage shows helpless puppies rescued from tar
- Horrifying moment dashcam shows lorry ploughing into two cars
- Billy Bush talks to Stephen Colbert about being fire from Today
- Heroic neighbours rescue woman after attack by two dogs
- Cruise ship sprayed down after passengers struck down by gastro