Boy, 13, bleeds to death after his father cut off his penis to rid their home of 'evil spirits' in India
- Ram Gopal Patel, 39, castrated 13-year-old son with an axe at home in India?
- Left him to bleed out on the floor after witch doctor told him to make sacrifice?
- The father and the witch doctor will remain in jail accused of murder until trial?
A father killed his son by chopping off his penis with an axe to rid his house of 'evil spirits'.
Ram Gopal Patel, 39, castrated his 13-year-old son Rupesh before leaving him to bleed to death in their home in Baloda Bazaar, central India on Saturday.
He claimed witch doctor Rajesh Yadav, 19, had told him to sacrifice the teenager.
Ram Gopal Patel (pictured), 39, castrated his 13-year-old son Rupesh before leaving him to bleed to death in their home in Baloda Bazaar, central India on Saturday
The father and the witch doctor hit the boy on the head before castrating him.?
When the boy's 35-year-old mother Sunita returned from working in the?fields, she found her son lying on the floor and began screaming as neighbours rushed to help.
Neighbours said the family had been complaining of evil spirits in the house for some time before consulting the local witch doctor.
Local inspector Ram Gopal Soni said: 'The accused Ram Gopal Patel and Rajesh Yadav sacrificed 13-year-old Rupesh Patel before he bled to death.
'They hit Rupesh hard on his head and then chopped off his genitals with an axe and left him lying on the floor in a pool of blood.
'The mother reached home and found Rupesh lying on the floor. She reported the incident and we arrested both men yesterday.
'The father has since confessed his crime but is in a state of shock and probably repenting for his acts.?
He claimed Rajesh told him that in order to get rid of the evil spirits, he had to sacrifice his son, and all his problems would be solved once he sacrifices his son.?
He claimed witch doctor Rajesh Yadav (pictured), 19, had told him to sacrifice the teenager
He added that strange things had been happening in the house for some time such as utensils buzzing and windows making noise.
The boy's father said he was desperate to get rid of the evil. The mother said her husband might have been possessed by evil spirits before he killed his own son.
Both men accused have been arrested for murder, conspiracy and covering up evidence and will remain in custody until their trial.
Witch doctors in India are rife in rural areas and among the illiterate communities.
India continues to see a rise in witch doctor crimes nationwide, mostly in remote tribal pockets.
According to the National Crime Records Bureau, 135 people were killed for practising witchcraft in 2015, the equivalent of one person every three days.?
But few witnesses come forward, so many crimes go unreported.?
Accused father (left) Ram Gopal Patel, 39, and witch doctor (right) Rajesh Yadav, 19, pictured at police station in Raipur city
Most watched News videos
- Afghan man has arms and head chopped off in brutal new ISIS video
- Jacksonville man sentenced to life for shooting an off-duty cop
- Bosnian Croat wartime suspect drinks poison during sentencing
- Shocking footage of holidaymaker knocking girlfriend to ground
- Poppi Worthington in unseen footage happily playing in a nursey
- Victoria's Secret models say n-word during Cardi B singalong
- Touching moment Prince Harry straightens young fan's hat
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle carry out first royal engagement together
- Meghan politely picks up a glove and returns it to a crowd member
- Newly engaged Harry and Meghan greet crowds in Nottingham
- NBC News has fired popular 'Today' show host Matt Lauer
- Shocking moment fight ends as man is knocked out in bar knuckle scrap