Man accidentally kills himself after taking the pin out of a grenade and then posing to take a photo with it
- WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT
- Alexander 'Sasha' Chechik removed the pin out of a grenade for a photo
- The 26-year-old from Krasnodar region died in the subsequent blast
- The detonation appears to have been an accident rather than a suicide
A Russian man has died after posing for a picture with a hand grenade after taking the pin out.
Alexander 'Sasha' Chechik had sent an image to his friend showing himself holding the grenade moments before it detonated, killing him instantly.
Police say that he had sent several images to friends where he posed with the hand grenade and that this indicates that he had not intended to take his own life.
Fatal mistake:?Alexander 'Sasha' Chechik had sent this image to his friend showing himself holding the grenade with the pin on his lap
A graphic police picture shows the appalling carnage.
Moments earlier, one friend had messaged him: 'Where are you? Are you OK?'
He replied: 'Depends on what OK is in your understanding?'
He sent a picture of the grenade in his hand - with the pin removed.
The friend told him: 'Listen, don't do stupid things. Where are you?'
Tragic: Mr Chechik died moments after the photo was sent when the grenade detonated
Police said they believe Mr Chechik expected the grenade would not explode as long as he didn't throw it.
As he had also sent pictures to other friends, police have categorised his death as an accident not suicide, according to reports.
The Russian Investigative Committee is probing the incident, said official Natalia Smyatskaya.?
Most watched News videos
- Surveillance video shows Palm Beach cop shoot his ex-girlfriend
- Jacksonville man sentenced to life for shooting an off-duty cop
- Touching moment Prince Harry straightens young fan's hat
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle carry out first royal engagement together
- Matt Lauer seen returning to Hamptons home after Today show axe
- Warning: Various graphic clips from ingrown hair removal videos
- Meghan politely picks up a glove and returns it to a crowd member
- Shocking footage: Toddlers violently beaten at Vietnam nursery
- Prince Harry asked how it feels to be with Meghan 'as a ginger'
- Newly engaged Harry and Meghan greet crowds in Nottingham
- Megan Markle and Prince Harry announce their engagement
- Royal fashion: Meghan Markle sparkles on Nottingham visit