Desperate hunt for three-year-old girl who vanished after her mother's boyfriend told her to return to her room when she wandered out of bed at midnight on Sunday
- Three-year-old Mariah Kay Woods has been missing from Jacksonville, North Carolina since Monday morning
- Her mother, Kristy Woods, last saw her after tucking her into bed at 11pm on Sunday?
- She says her live-in boyfriend saw Mariah at midnight when she came out of her room and he told her to go back to bed
- She was officially reported missing just after 6am Monday morning
- Search crews combed the woods surrounding the girl's home and looked for evidence of an abduction in the house and family car
- On Monday, Kristy Woods made a tearful plea for her daughter's return?
Authorities in North Carolina are desperately searching for a three-year-old girl who was snatched from her bed early Monday morning.?
Kristy Woods says the last time she saw her daughter Mariah was at 11pm on Sunday night, when she put the girl to bed.?
She says her live-in boyfriend saw the girl about an hour later, when she came out of her room and he told her to go back to bed.?
When they went to check on her in the morning, she was gone.?
Scroll down for video?
Police in North Carolina are desperately searching for missing three-year-old Mariah Kay Woods
Video Courtesy WNCT
A statewide Amber Alert was issued for the girl on Monday, but so far there have been no clues as to why she disappeared.?
In a tearful address to reporters on Monday, the girl's mother seemed to believe someone had abducted her girl.?
'Please, bring her back ... She's my baby, she's my everything,' the mother of three said. 'Just to be able to touch her and hold her and not let her go again. I'd give anything.'
Kristy Woods says that her daughter usually wears orthopedic braces on both of her legs and has trouble walking without them. ?
On Monday, Mariah's mother Kristy Woods issued a tearful statement to reporters, asking whoever is responsible for her daughter's disappearance to return the girl?
Woods' live-in boyfriend Earl Kimrey (left, with Woods) was the last to see the girl alive?
Kimrey and Woods are pictured above with Woods' three children (including Mariah, being held by Woods)
She says she calls Mariah 'an angel' because she unexpectedly got pregnant with her after she got her tubes tied.?
'This is my world, this is my angel,' said Woods. 'She was sent to me for a reason. This is my everything besides my boys, the love that I have for this girl. The bond that I have ..is my life. please, just don't take that.'
Woods' boyfriend has not been officially identified, but her Facebook profile says she's in a relationship with a man named Earl Kimrey.?
A photo on his profile shows him posing with his girlfriend and her children. The profile also says they started dating in July 2015.?
On Monday, police searched the woods surrounding the couple's home in a mobile home park.?
They say there was no sign of a forced entry, but the back door of the home was left unlocked overnight.?
Kristy Woods says she last saw her daughter Sunday night at 11pm, when she tucked her into bed at the home she lives in with her boyfriend and children
Kristy Woods said her boyfriend saw the girl once more, at midnight, when she came out of her room and he told her to go back to bed. Above, search crews on Monday
Mariah was officially reported missing Monday morning around 6am, when her mother went into the room and saw she was gone?
Investigators searched the home, the family's car and the woods around the home on Monday. Above, an investigator packages evidence on Monday
Sheriff Hans Miller says it's too soon to know what happened to the girl?
Law enforcement officials also searched the home and the family's car for evidence.?
They say they found some items of interest in the woods behind the home, but are unsure if it's connected to the girl's disappearance yet.
The FBI is now assisting local and state law enforcement in the case.?
Mariah is described as a white female with brown hair and blue eyes. She stands at about two-feet-nine and weighs 30 pounds.?
Sheriff Hans Miller said his officers are 'working everything that can be worked to find this little girl.'
'We don’t know what happened. It’s entirely premature to try to determine what happened,' Sheriff Miller said.?
Anyone with information on Mariah's disappearance are being asked to call the Onslow County Sheriff at 910-455-3113 or 911 locally
Most watched News videos
- Victoria's Secret models say n-word during Cardi B singalong
- Afghan man has arms and head chopped off in brutal new ISIS video
- NBC News has fired popular 'Today' show host Matt Lauer
- Behind the scenes: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle goof around
- Lip reading: Harry describes moment he knew they were meant to be
- Bosnian Croat wartime suspect drinks poison during sentencing
- Savannah Guthrie reads apology from Matt Lauer on Today
- Shocking footage of holidaymaker knocking girlfriend to ground
- Footage of cabin where woman was kept as a sex slave for 10 years
- Jacksonville man sentenced to life for shooting an off-duty cop
- Matt Lauer seen returning to Hamptons home after Today show axe
- 'It's such exciting news' Kate on Harry and Meghan engagement
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.