Meghan's ex-husband goes to work in Hollywood as her engagement is announced - and no wonder he's smiling, he's planning a show about an American divorcee marrying a royal
- Trevor Engelson was seen arriving at his Los Angeles office in the wake of his ex-wife's engagement to Prince Harry on Monday?
- The 41-year-old Hollywood producer waved briefly as he made his way into Underground Films, but refused to comment on Meghan's engagement
- Meghan was 23 years old when she met her ex-husband in 2004, with the couple going on to date for six years before getting engaged in 2010
- The marriage did not last, however, and their divorce was finalized in August 2013, with the couple citing 'irreconcilable differences'
- The real reason behind their split is unclear and Engelson has remained tight-lipped on his ex's new relationship ?
- Speaking to DailyMail.com earlier this year, half-brother Thomas Markle Jr blamed the break-up on 'the pressure of Hollywood'
To Trevor Engelson, Meghan Markle is the one who got away. But that didn't stop the film producer from offering up a rueful smile as he arrived at his Los Angeles office this morning.
Clutching an iced coffee and dressed casually in a black hoodie, skinny track pants and a pair of Ray-Ban sunglasses, the 41-year-old waved briefly as he made his way into the Hollywood office of his production company Underground Films but refused to comment on the royal engagement.
Meghan was just 23 when she met ex-husband Engelson in 2004, with the couple going on to date for six years before getting engaged in 2010.
The pair went on to marry in a Bohemian ceremony that lasted just 12 minutes in September 2011 at the 'intimate' Jamaica Inn in Ocho Rios.
But while the ceremony itself was short, Meghan's first wedding celebrations lasted four days - with parties including drinking games on the beach during which the actress was pictured wearing a yellow bikini.?
Hollywood producer Trevor Engelson was spotted in Los Angeles hours after news broke of his ex-wife's royal engagement. He was seen clutching an iced coffee as he made his way to?his production company Underground Films
Smile and wave: Sporting a black hoodie and Ray-Ban aviators, the 41-year-old smiled at cameras but refused to comment on Meghan's upcoming nuptials?
Engelson is reportedly planning to develop a series about divorced American who marries a British royal - a storyline which is likely to have been inspired by Meghan's own relationship?
Among the guests at the nuptials was Meghan's mother Doria, 61, who now looks set to travel to London from her home in Los Angeles for next year's royal wedding.
Despite high hopes on both sides, the marriage failed to last with the pair splitting just two years later; shortly after the actress moved to Toronto to take on the role of paralegal Rachel Zane in Suits.
The pair's divorce was finalized in August 2013, with the couple citing 'irreconcilable differences' as the reason for the split.
Speaking to DailyMail.com earlier this year, half-brother Thomas Markle Jr blamed the break-up on 'the pressure of Hollywood'.
Thomas Jr, of Grants Pass, Oregon, added: 'He was a nice guy. I'm not sure what happened with them. They were together for a few years but I'm not quite sure what their falling out was.
'I guess they just decided to go their separate ways. It's a Hollywood thing I guess.'
After the split, Meghan went on to date Canadian celebrity chef Corey Vitiellio before being introduced to Prince Harry by mutual friend Misha Nonoo in May 2016.
Newlyweds: Meghan, 36, was only 23 when she met Trevor in 2004. The two tied the knot in a Bohemian ceremony in September 2011 (pictured) at the 'intimate' Jamaica Inn in Ocho Rios - but divorced just two years later
Meghan's first time on a throne: ?The actress's first wedding celebration lasted four days - with parties including drinking games on the beach - and in keeping with her first husband's Jewish heritage's traditions, the couple were lifted on chairs as the guests danced in celebration?
It is unclear why Meghan and Trevor (pictured left in 2006) ?split, with the couple citing 'irreconcilable differences' in their divorce papers. Engelson has since moved on and has been linked to a string of women including Charlotte McKinney (right)?
Meghan and Harry went on to date quietly for six months before news of their relationship was revealed last November.
Engleson, meanwhile, has been linked to a string of glamorous women, including BayWatch star, Charlotte McKinney, 24.
He is yet to comment on his ex-wife's royal romance but is reportedly working on a new TV show about a divorced American mother who moves to London to marry a British royal.
The show, which is currently untitled, was reportedly inspired by a conversation he had with producer Dan Farrah, musing on what would have happened if he and Meghan had had children together.?
Happily ever after: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle finally announced their engagement after weeks of fevered speculation on Monday. The royal couple made their first public appearance hours after breaking the news in the Sunken Garden at Kensington Palace
Make like Meghan in a wrap coat by Line The Label
It's the good news we've all been waiting to hear. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are engaged!
The pair posed for a photocall in the gardens of Kensington Palace after announcing that Harry has popped the question, and of course the Meghan looked beautiful in white. We can't wait to see what she'll wear to walk down the aisle, but this chic coat by Line The Label will keep us ticking over until next year!
The belt cinched the brunette beauty's tiny waist while the shawl collar neckline makes for a confident and sophisticated silhouette.
Cream was the perfect color for the bride-to-be but also a glamorous selection for one looking to nail down their winter white ensemble. Neutral hues always seem like the obvious choice thanks to their versatility and you can never go wrong with a plush wool blend for warmth.
Sadly Meghan's exact coat isn't available to buy, but click through to make sure this Canadian brand is on your radar. Or with Meghan in mind, wrap up in one of the lookalike coats we've got lined up for you in the edit below!
Most watched News videos
- Daring commuters pass hills engulfed in flames by Cali wildfires
- Palestinians torch Trump photos in protest against embassy move
- President Trump slurs speech during Jerusalem address
- Met Office: Winds strengthen across UK as Storm Caroline develops
- Huge wildfire rages alongside busy Interstate 405 in California
- Matt Lauer spotted leaving Long Island deli without wedding ring
- Motorcyclist chased by driver before being mown down and killed
- Trump announces he recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel
- Hospital video: North Korean defector undergoes life-saving surgery
- Davis reveals there is no study for impact of Brexit on economy
- 'Home's South London mate' Sadiq Khan's retort to BBC reporter
- Palestinians protest US recognition of Jerusalem as Israel capital