Cruel dog owner FREEZES his pet to death by pouring water over it and leaving it in -32C temperatures to turn into a block of ice in Russia
- Rescuers found animal alive but encased in ice in its kennel in Yakutsk, Russia
- Whimpering female dog had its eyes open and was still alive but encased in ice
- Loyal pet had been covered in water and left outside in minus 32C cold by owner
- The animal was freed but its suffering was so great that it had to be put down?
A cruel dog owner deliberately froze his loyal pet to death by pouring cold water over the animal and putting it outside in the minus 32C cold in Russia.
Rescuers reached the whimpering animal while it was still alive, but encased in ice, in its outdoor kennel in Yakutsk,?the coldest city in the world.
Heartbreaking images show the female white dog, eyes still open and frightened, pathetically waving its paw pleading for release.
A cruel dog owner deliberately froze his loyal pet to death by pouring cold water over the animal and putting it outside in the minus 32C cold in Russia
Rescuers reached the whimpering animal while it was still alive, but encased in ice, in its outdoor kennel in Yakutsk, the coldest city in the world
The rest of the pet's body was frozen solid to the iced ground on the coldest night of the Russian winter.
The animal activist volunteers in Yakutsk - the coldest city in the world - managed to free the poor animal and rush it to the vet, but despite frantic efforts he was unable to save the one year old.
He put the dog down to end her agony.
A female volunteer said: 'The eyes, I will never forget them. Did you ever see a man who wanted to live but who was already dying?
'The dog had exactly the same eyes, understanding everything, just unable to explain.'
Heartbreaking images shows the female white dog, eyes still open and frightened, pathetically waving its paw pleading for release.
The activists have demanded action against the owner, with a petition signed by 10,000 Russians.
'It's one thing is when your dog dies, but this man has many children,' said a volunteer.
'Today he let his dog die next to his house, and tomorrow the same may happen to his children.'
The dog owner was not named but is said to have earlier neglected the dog.
The activists are also complaining about alleged police inaction over the case, and a policy of the local mayor to clean up city by exterminating strays, reported The Siberian Times. They claim this gives a green light to cruelty to unwanted dogs.
Now an MP in Moscow, Sergey Boyarsky, has taken up the case calling for the owner's prosecution.?
Most watched News videos
- Daring commuters pass hills engulfed in flames by Cali wildfires
- Palestinians torch Trump photos in protest against embassy move
- Pot user describes 'scromiting' syndrome Cannabinoid Hyperemesis
- President Trump slurs speech during Jerusalem address
- Met Office: Winds strengthen across UK as Storm Caroline develops
- Huge wildfire rages alongside busy Interstate 405 in California
- Matt Lauer spotted leaving Long Island deli without wedding ring
- Trump announces he recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel
- Davis reveals there is no study for impact of Brexit on economy
- Hospital video: North Korean defector undergoes life-saving surgery
- Motorcyclist chased by driver before being mown down and killed
- EU warns Trump against recognizing Jerusalem as Israeli capital