Man, 60, with a metal CUP lodged up his bottom claims he has 'learnt the lesson' of his life after it was inserted by quack doctors as a cure for his stomach ache
- An Indian farmer agreed to have the 21cm tall object inserted in his anus
- He had previously been suffering months of vomiting and stomach pain?
- After realising he was still in agony he saw genuine medics at a private clinic
- They performed an endoscopy and x-ray – and were shocked by the find
- Video shows them successfully removing the cup in a 90-minute operation
Hospital staff were astonished after a man was admitted with a metal cup lodged up his bottom.
A 60-year-old Indian farmer apparently agreed to have the 21cm tall object inserted there by local 'quack' doctors as a cure for his stomach ache.???
After realising he was still in pain despite the 'treatment' and his family arranged for him to see genuine medics at a private clinic.
They performed an endoscopy and an x-ray – and were horrified to find the obstruction?high up in his digestive system.
A video shows them removing the object during surgery at Sarthak Hospital in Satna, in the Madhya Pradesh state in India.
Scroll down for video?
Doctors in India were astonished when this x-ray revealed the cause of a man's stomach ache – a metal cup up his backside
The 21cm tall object inserted there by local 'quack' doctors as a cure for his stomach ache
The man, who is now in recovery, said: 'I have learnt the lesson of my life.
'I will never go to a quack doctor again. I was a regular to the village doctors so I still can not imagine as to why they did something like this with me.
'One should never go to a quack. Go to a qualified doctor even if you have a very minor ailment of any kind.. In a bid to save some money, it is not wise to risk your life.'
Months of pain?
The poorly man had been suffering months of vomiting and stomach pain before he was sedated by his village doctors, he claims.?
Dr Sunil Agarwal, who led the operating team, said: 'The patient came to us with a complaint that he was having pain while passing story.
'We checked his anal cavity and found some solid substance was lodged there. It was then we decided to do an endoscopy on him.
Surgeons operated on the unnamed patient for one and a half hours to remove the obstruction
'Much to our shock and surprise, the report showed a steel glass lodged inside his stomach.
'When we showed the report to the patient and his family members they too couldn't believe what they saw.
'We then decided to operate on him.
'The operation took one and a half hour during which we managed to successfully extract the foreign body from the patient's stomach.'
Most watched News videos
- Man rescues rabbit amidst intensifying flames from LA wildfire
- President Trump slurs speech during Jerusalem address
- 'Home's South London mate' Sadiq Khan's retort to BBC reporter
- ISIS fighters scream in panic before being blown up in Syria
- Daring commuters pass hills engulfed in flames by Cali wildfires
- Motorcyclist chased by driver before being mown down and killed
- Moment Charlie Pearce hides behind a car to avoid a police car
- Sarah Sanders: Trump slurred words because his 'throat was dry'
- Huge wildfire rages alongside busy Interstate 405 in California
- Met Office: Winds strengthen across UK as Storm Caroline develops
- Palestinians protest US recognition of Jerusalem as Israel capital
- Moment MP Grayling STRUGGLES to cope with BBC grilling on Brexit