They grow up so fast! New mom Serena Williams admits she gets emotional just thinking about the day she will stop breastfeeding her three-month-old daughter Alexis
- The tennis champion, 36, took to Twitter today to ask her 'fellow moms' how long they had nursed their children
- Serena gave birth to her first child, Alexis Olympia Ohanian, three months ago
- She then tied the knot with Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian, 34, the following month during a star-studded celebration in New Orleans
- While her daughter is still a newborn, Serena is already thinking about the day when it will be time to stop breastfeeding her, and she's not looking forward to it
- She accompanied her tweet with a sweet photo of herself holding her baby daughter and looking at her first born with a loving smile
Serena Williams welcomed her first child just three months ago, and she's already dreading the day she'll have to stop breastfeeding her beloved daughter.
The tennis champion, 36, took to Twitter today to reach out to other mothers and inquire about their own experiences with nursing.
'Fellow moms: How long did you breastfeed?' Serena wrote. 'Is it weird that I get emotional when I even just think about when it's time to stop?'
Honest: Serena Williams revealed on Twitter today that she gets emotional when she thinks about the day she'll stop breastfeeding her baby daughter Alexis?
Advice: The tennis champion, 36, asked other mothers how long they had breastfed for, prompting several people to urge her to do what feels right
Family: Serena welcomed her firstborn three months ago and has shared several sweet mother-daughter snaps since then
Along with her tweet, she posted a sweet photo of herself with her firstborn, Alexis Olympia Ohanian.
The baby girl, who is named after her father, 34-year-old Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian, can be seen looking just below the camera, enjoying a peaceful moment in her mother's arms.
Meanwhile, Serena looks at her daughter with a loving smile, enjoying a few rays of sunlight with her baby girl.
Her message has garnered more than 4,000 likes, as well as words of advice from other parents.?
Couple: Last month, Serena tied the knot with her partner, Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian, 34, during a star-studded celebration in New Orleans?
Athlete: Serena (pictured with her husband) could make her return to the court as early as next month during the Australian Open
Costume: For their daughter's first Halloween, Serena and Alexis dressed her in a tiny Batman costume and snapped her photo in a baby Batmobile
Sweet! The new mom also shared this photo of her husband with their daughter, captioning it: 'We love bath time'
'I felt the same way,' one mother told Serena. 'Then one day when he was 13 months old, my son turned away when I tried to nurse him and basically said "no thanks." He made the decision for me. I was really sad, but then I realized I could have margaritas again!'
Another person encouraged the athlete to do 'what feels right' and said she was still nursing her 17-month-old.
Serena, who tied the knot with her new husband Alexis last month in New Orleans, could make her return to the court as early as next month.
The champion is expected to take part in the Australian Open, according to tournament director Craig Tiley, who said today it's 'very likely' she will make her comeback in Australia.
Serena hasn't played since she won last year's tournament in Melbourne while eight weeks pregnant, which the public didn't know at the time.
'She's got her visa, she's entered, she's practicing and she's probably just got to find a bit more space for a bigger entourage,' he told the Herald Sun, adding that he trusts the 23 Grand Slam winner will be in fighting shape.
'There's no question that she'll be ready in our view and she wants to break a record that is Margaret Court's,' he added.
'It would be a pretty significant accomplishment for her to be able to do that.'
Most watched News videos
- President Trump slurs speech during Jerusalem address
- Sarah Sanders: Trump slurred words because his 'throat was dry'
- Adorable moment lioness shares huge cuddle with caretaker
- Shocking body cam video shows Arizona cop shooting Daniel Shaver
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: Dad beats young girl then shaves her head
- Heart-warming moment dog copies owner's facial expressions
- Man rescues rabbit amidst intensifying flames from LA wildfire
- Moment couple are filmed having sex while driving
- John and Jackie Kennedy visit Buckingham Palace in 'The Crown'
- 'Home's South London mate' Sadiq Khan's retort to BBC reporter
- Mother in shock after daughters surprise return from Australia
- 'She didn't need to die': Averil Hart's father speaks about death
The comments below have been moderated in advance.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.