Teenager who drew comparisons to Angelina Jolie with her astonishing social media posts reveals she DID have surgery (but DIDN'T want to look like the actress)
- Sahar Tabar, 19, made headlines with her unusual social media photographs?
- The images show the teenager with razor-sharp cheekbones and a large mouth
- Reports said she wanted to look like Angelina Jolie but Sahar said this isn't true
- She revealed she has gone under the knife but the look is down to make-up
A teenager who found herself at the centre of an online storm over her dramatic 'Angelina Jolie-inspired' makeover has spoken out to end speculation surrounding her appearance.
When the pictures emerged last week, it was reported that Sahar had undergone some 50 surgeries and lost weight in a bid to look more like A-list star Jolie.?
However she has now spoken out to dismiss the claims that she ever wanted to look like the star. She also admitted that while she has had 'a nose job, enlarged mouth and liposuction', most of her unusual appearance is down to make-up and editing.?
Scroll down for video?
Distinctive look: It was claimed Sahar Tabar, pictured, had undergone 50 surgeries to look like Angelina Jolie but she spoke out today and said she never wanted to look like the star
Soft features: Sahar had much smaller lips and plumper cheeks before, as seen above. She has had a nose job and liposuction but said most of the look is achieved with make-up and editing
Striking: Reports claimed she wanted to look like the actress, pictured, but this is not the case?
Speaking to Russian media outlet Sputnik, she said: 'I did not even think about being like Jolie. Also, I did not want to resemble the cartoon character the Corpse Bride.?
'Now I understand that I have something to do with them, but I am a muse myself and remembering someone is not an end in itself.'
Last week Belgian website Sud Info, reported that Sahar had said her goal in life is to look like the Hollywood actress.
Fresh-faced: This photograph is purported to be of Sahar before her dramatic makeover
Social media star: Sahar's official Instagram account now boasts more than 70,000 followers
It reported that she has lost 40kg and undergone dozens of procedures in the space of just a few months to look like Angelina. Sahar said she did lose weight but not that much.?
Photos of Sahar that emerged this week show just how dramatic her transformation has been.
The brunette social media star used to have large dark brown eyes, smaller lips and a less pointed nose than she has today.?
Sahar is also said to have dropped 40kg in the same time as getting her surgeries done
Now she wears blue contact lenses, has a very pointed nose and sunken cheeks.?
Keen-eyed viewers commented that it looked as though she had made clever use of Photoshop and make-up, and Sahar confirmed that this was the case.?
She told Sputnik: 'This is Photoshop and makeup. Every time I publish a photo, I paint my face in an increasingly funny way. It is a way of expressing yourself, a kind of art. My fans know that this is not my real face.'
She explained that her look was like an 'art' project and a form of self-expression. ?
Most watched News videos
- President Trump slurs speech during Jerusalem address
- Hospital video: North Korean defector undergoes life-saving surgery
- Christine Keeler, ex-showgirl at centre of Profumo scandal, dies
- Cruise ship sprayed down after passengers struck down by gastro
- Heroic neighbours rescue woman after attack by two dogs
- 'Home's South London mate' Sadiq Khan's retort to BBC reporter
- Aftermath of man's brutal attack on greyhound after he lost race
- Moment couple are filmed having sex wheel of car while driving
- Moment Charlie Pearce hides behind a car to avoid a police car
- Palestinians torch Trump photos in protest against embassy move
- Australian gamer beats 15-year record for GoldenEye 007
- ISIS fighters scream in panic before being blown up in Syria
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.