Fusion cuisine gone too far? Taco Bell is testing out new burritos loaded with FRENCH FRIES (but you can only try them out if you live in West Virginia)
- The chain, based in Irvine, California, has launched French-fry-filled burritos at some of its branches in Charleston, West Virginia
- Cali burritos originated in San Diego and are typically loaded with meat, cheese, salsa, guacamole, and, of course, French fries
- Taco Bell has launched three versions; one with sour cream and nacho cheese; one with a creamy chipotle sauce; and one without sauce or guacamole
- The burritos are available at $1.99 a piece, or can be purchased for $5 with a Nacho Cheese Doritos Loco Taco, a crunchy taco, and a medium drink
Taco Bell has added a whole new calorie-laden treat to its menu: burritos loaded with French fries on top of the usual fixings.
The fast food chain, based in Irvine, California, is offering its own version of Cali burritos, a classic that originated in San Diego.
Cali burritos are typically loaded with meat, cheese, salsa, guacamole and French fries—all components integrated by Taco Bell in one of its three new creations.
New and improved: Taco Bell is currently testing three new burritos loaded with French fries on top of the usual fixings
Recipe: The fast food chain, based in Irvine, California, is offering its own version of the French-fry-stuffed Cali burrito, a classic that originated in San Diego
The California Loaded Fries Burrito combines ground beef, sour cream and nacho cheese in addition to the French fries, which are a new addition on Taco Bell's menu.
One of its two counterparts, the Chipotle Loaded Fries Burrito, swaps out the guacamole for a creamy chipotle sauce.
Also available is the Supreme Loaded Fries Burrito, which seems to be a minimalist version of the treat and doesn't feature guacamole nor sauce.
For now, the three burritos are only available at locations in Charleston, West Virginia, at a price tag of $1.99 per burrito, Foodbeast reported.
Test drive: Taco Bell is currently offering the burritos at locations in Charleston, West Virginia (one of which is pictured) at $1.99 a piece
Trio: The California Loaded Fries Burrito combines ground beef, sour cream and nacho cheese in addition to the French fries; it is also available in Chipotle and Supreme versions
They can also be purchased as part of a $5 box, which also includes a ?Nacho Cheese Doritos Loco Taco, a crunchy taco, and a medium drink.
As for nutritional information, Taco Bell has not released detailed figures for its newest creations, however a similar burrito, filled with ground beef, potato bites, sour cream, guacamole and nacho cheese sauce, reaches 450 calories and 20 grams of fat.
A version with the same potato bites and with Taco Bells' creamy chipotle sauce instead of guacamole has 490 calories and 25 grams of fat.
Removing the chipotle sauce and the guacamole altogether brings the burrito down to 410 calories and 17 grams of fat.?
This isn't the first time Taco Bell has tested an item containing fries, although the potato treats have yet to become a permanent fixture on the chain's menu.
Earlier this year, the company rolled out nacho French fries, also in West Virginia. And just in October, the chain hinted that their might be more similar items to come in the future.
A customer complained on Twitter that Taco Bell made 'better' food than its rival Del Taco, but pointed out that Del Taco has French fries, resulting in 'a real Sophie’s Choice of fast food'.
At the time, Taco Bell had responded by telling the customer 'That just might change soon, Mark' with a smirking emoji.
Most watched News videos
- The Grinch! Woman takes Christmas decorations from Texas porch
- Wild fight erupts between teacher and student inside classroom
- VERY relaxed wombat finds the perfect place to cool down
- Billy Bush talks to Stephen Colbert about being fire from Today
- Soldier surprises his 76ers dancer by returning from deployment
- North Carolina man believed to be involved in death of 3-year-old
- Dash cam footage shows Randy Travis naked during a 2012 arrest
- Trouble in paradise: Two seniors brawl during Caribbean holiday
- Persons of interest in the death of Sydney Loofe release video
- Fans thrown down bleachers during Clemson and Miami fight
- Dad breaks down when step-daughter asking him to adopt her
- American lawyer goes duck hunting with her husband
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.