Rihanna responds to comment about the lack of trans models in her Fenty Beauty campaign declaring she doesn’t want to use trans people as ‘a convenient marketing tool’
- The 29-year-old was responding to a direct message from a fan who wrote 'next time you record something should invite a trans girl to the group'
- Rihanna wrote back explaining that whether or not someone is trans is 'none of my business,' adding that she wouldn't include someone as a 'token' trans model
Rihanna has received praise from fans after issuing a blistering comeback to a comment suggesting her Fenty Beauty campaign could be more inclusive.
The user wrote: 'Fenty Beauty campaign is awesome, next time you record something should invite a trans girl to the group.'
Straight shooter: Rihanna issued a praise-worthy comeback after a Twitter user told her she should include more trans women in her beauty campaigns
Hitting back: Rihanna responded to the statement over direct message, saying that she doesn't do 'trans casting'
To the fan's surprise, Rihanna responded to the message with a lengthy, thoughtful reply, explaining how she would never make a gimmick out of a transgender model.
'I've had the pleasure of working with many gifted trans women throughout the years, but I don't go around doing trans castings!' she wrote, according to a post shared by the fan in question.?
'I respect all women, and whether they're trans or not is none of my business!?t's personal and some trans women are more comfortable being open about it than others, so I have to respect that as a woman myself!'
Multi-talented: She wrote that whether or not a woman is trans is 'none of my business'
Shake things up in a plaid hoodie like Rihanna
Rihanna is one of the most stylish girls we know (figuratively speaking, we don't ACTUALLY know her), so it's no surprise that her wildly popular clothing line has gained so much success since launching last year.
Here she wears an outfit that was pulled from the Fall 2017 Fenty x Puma collection consisting of a plaid hoodie, oversized track pants and boots.
We can't get enough of her top with its on-trend varsity letters and side tie detailing. Wear it with jeans, leggings or joggers just like the Bajan beauty!
While this exact style isn't up for grabs, Revolve has the same top in grey so follow the link at right to their website to scoop it up now.
Or get the look below with options by Frank & Eileen, Natasha Zinko and more with prices starting at $15.
Her own standards: She went on to hit out at brands that use trans people as a 'token?"we look mad diverse" girl/guy'
She added: ?'I don't think it's fair that a trans woman, or man, be used as a convenient marketing tool! Too often do I see companies doing this to trans and black women alike! There's always just that one spot in the campaign for the token "we look mad diverse" girl/guy! It's sad!'
The fan, blown away by the detailed response from their hero, responding apologizing for coming off critical and asking permission to share the message online.
'You absolutely didn't babe! Just didn't want you to think I intentionally leave anyone out!' Rihanna responded.
The fan subsequently posted the conversation on Twitter, writing: 'When I thought she couldn't teach me more...'?
Loving it: Fans adored her response, holding it up as proof that she is a role model
Switched on: Rihanna revealed that she runs on less than four hours of sleep per night in the new issue of French Vogue
Rihanna hasn't commented on the private conversation, but has a history of responding to direct messages from fans.?
The response to her words has been widely praised online, with one gushing: 'Doesn't she just make you love and respect her?'
While it may come as some surprise that a superstar like Rihanna would take the time to respond directly to fans, it seems she has more time on her hands than one might expect.??
In fact, the singer revealed in a recent interview with Vogue Paris that not only does she struggle to 'switch off' at all, even in her downtime, but she usually only sleeps at all for three to four hours a night.
Most watched News videos
- Disturbing video shows teen hurling a cat into the street
- Warning: Various graphic clips from ingrown hair removal videos
- Flynn leaves court after pleading guilty to lying to the FBI
- Earl Kimrey charged with the death of 3-year-old Mariah Miller
- New invisible box jump trend takes Twitter by storm
- Busted! Package thief caught after her getaway driver flees
- Everyone is trying the latest trend: Invisible box challenge!
- Surveillance video shows Palm Beach cop shoot his ex-girlfriend
- Meghan chats to a Suits fan about the show on first engagement
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle carry out first royal engagement together
- Royal fashion: Meghan Markle sparkles on Nottingham visit
- Fan gives Meghan Markle a bag of Haribo on her first royal event