Meghan Markle's family confirm her father 'WILL walk her down the aisle' despite his leg injury - but he still hasn't met Harry
- Meghan Markle's uncle, Michael claims that her father will give her away?
- He says that his brother Thomas Markle is 'excited about the engagement'?
- Thomas is yet to meet Prince Harry but the pair have spoken on the phone ?
Despite suffering from a leg injury Thomas Markle, 73, plans to give his daughter away at St George's Chapel in Windsor next Spring.
Thomas has not been in public since Meghan, 36, began dating Harry, 33, but his family are insistent that he will attend her nuptials.?
Meghan's uncle Michael has 'confirmed' that her father Thomas Markle (pictured with his daughter) will walk her down the aisle when she married Prince Harry next May
Meghan's uncle and Thomas' brother, Michael, 78, from Palm Bay, Florida, told The Sun: 'I know Thomas feels happy and excited about the engagement.
'He and Meghan have a good relationship, and they talk weekly so she keeps him up to date.'
The paper reports that Michael also 'confirmed' that Thomas will accompany his daughter down the aisle.?
MailOnline has contacted Kensington Palace for a comment. ?
When Meghan Markle and Prince Harry announced their engagement, it came as a surprise to many that, while Harry has met her yoga-teacher mother Doria several times, he has yet to meet his future father-in-law.?
‘He’s talked to my dad a few times but he hasn’t been able to meet him just yet,’ Meghan has previously said.
Harry (pictured with Meghan on Friday) is yet to meet Meghan's father but she says that the pair have spoken on the phone?
The bride-to-be's estranged step-brother Thomas JNR said he is 'certain' that Thomas SNR will make it to St George's Chapel (pictured) for the wedding?
‘Dad never liked the limelight, but since the news came out about Meghan and Harry he’s become a total recluse,’ his estranged son Tom Jnr, 51, told The Mail on Sunday last week.?
‘I haven’t seen him in years. He hates the attention Meghan’s romance has brought on to him. He loves her but hates the idea of being in the spotlight.’?
Tom, who declared bankruptcy last year, lives a modest life in Mexico. Sources say he rarely ventures from his home.?
But Tom Jnr says he is certain his father will make it to St George’s Chapel for Meghan’s wedding in May. ‘Dad loves Meghan more than anything,’ he said. ‘Meghan has always been her daddy’s princess and he will be there when she marries her real-life Prince.’?
Thomas and ex-wife Doria Ragland, 61, who divorced in 1987 said they were 'incredibly happy for Meghan and Harry', in an official statement.
It continued: 'Our daughter has always been a kind and loving person. To see her union with Harry, who shares the same qualities, is a source of great joy for both parents.
'We wish them a lifetime of happiness and are very excited for their future.'?
Most watched News videos
- Surveillance video shows Palm Beach cop shoot his ex-girlfriend
- Prison for immigration violator who attacked women
- Megan Markle and Prince Harry announce their engagement
- Moment thrill seeking base jumpers leap from 530ft Beachy Head
- Matt Lauer seen returning to Hamptons home after Today show axe
- Trump ‘not worried’ about Michael Flynn’s guilty Russia plea
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle carry out first royal engagement together
- Earl Kimrey charged with the death of 3-year-old Mariah Miller
- Creepy moment a woman catches man trying to grope her breasts
- WHAT?!: Incredible moment dog reacts to news she'll get a brother
- Cops find missing Florida teen after disappearing with her coach
- Jacksonville man sentenced to life for shooting an off-duty cop
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.