Are YOU smarter than an 11-year-old? Tricky spelling and grammar quiz designed for schoolchildren leaves many adults stumped… so how many can you get right?
- New test by Playbuzz consists of series of spelling and grammar questions
- It also tests you on definitions, and in particular commonly confused words?
- So, just how good is your spelling and grammar? Take the test below to find out
We're all taught the importance of correct grammar and spelling at school.
But a new test by Playbuzz has left many adults stumped - despite it being designed for children aged between 11 and 12.
The language test certainly puts you through your paces, consisting of a series of tricky questions relating to spelling and grammar.?
It also tests you on definitions, and in particular words that are commonly confused.?
So, just how good is your spelling and grammar? Take the test below to find out. The answers are printed in a box at the bottom. ?
A new quiz by Playbuzz, designed for 11 and 12-year-olds, tests your spelling and grammar?
2. more fun (Fun is technically a noun, not adjective, meaning that it can't take comparative form)
3. Whose is?
4. I prefer to eat vegetables that?have been organically farmed (Sentence needs the second part to make sense, so should be connected with 'that')
5. Opossum (commonly known as possum)?
8. Do you see whom I see? (It should be whom as it's the object in the clause)
9. Proceed (precede means to come before something)
11.?fewer (less is used when referring to something that can't be counted)
13. might (used to express a hypothetical)
15.?a while (awhile is an adverb)
17.?No (historic means famous or important in history, while historical means concerning history)
19.?out loud (to mean a sudden outburst/ without restraint)
22. me (me is the object in the clause)
24. hanged (correct past tense in context of person dying in this way)
Most watched News videos
- Horrifying moment dashcam shows lorry ploughing into two cars
- Heartbreaking footage shows helpless puppies rescued from tar
- Hospital video: North Korean defector undergoes life-saving surgery
- Heroic neighbours rescue woman after attack by two dogs
- 'Hypocrite' Nigel Farage refuses to hand back ￡73,000 EU pension
- New invisible box jump trend takes Twitter by storm
- Everyone is trying the latest trend: Invisible box challenge!
- Cruise ship sprayed down after passengers struck down by gastro
- Knife-wielding moped robbers raid building on Fleet Street
- Christine Keeler, ex-showgirl at centre of Profumo scandal, dies
- Busted! Package thief caught after her getaway driver flees
- DUP leader lashes out at Irish government over Belfast agreement
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.