Here come the cuties! Prince George and Princess Charlotte 'WILL follow Meghan down the aisle' in May (but who is likely to join them?)
- George and Charlotte are expected to act as bridesmaid and pageboy
- Prince William is expected to take the role of best man known as a 'supporter'?
- The Duchess of Cambridge is unlikely to take a role in the bridal party ?
According to The Sunday Times the royal siblings have been confirmed as bridesmaid and pageboy for the nuptials of their Uncle Harry to Meghan Markle in May next year.
George, 4, and Charlotte, 2, will join their aunt-to-be's wedding party, following her up the aisle at St George's Chapel in Windsor in the Spring.?
Prince George and Princess Charlotte will walk Meghan Markle up the aisle when she marries Prince Harry in May. Pictured: The siblings at Pippa Matthews' wedding earlier this year
Kensington Palace said the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's children have met Harry's fiance on many occasions.
A spokesperson for the palace told The Times: 'The wedding will be a family event. You can expect the family to be involved.'?
MailOnline has contacted Kensington Palace for a comment. ?
With Prince Harry acting as best man to his brother at his wedding in 2011, it is likely that the Duke of Cambridge will take the role at the wedding in May.
However, ?according to Town & Country the role of the best man does not exist at a royal wedding with the position known as a 'supporter'.
William is reported to have broken royal protocol by appointing Harry as a best man over the traditional supporting role.?
Kensington ?Palace reports that the couple are having a 'family wedding' so family can be expected to be involved?
Step out in style in Aquazzura heels like Meghan
Congratulations to Meghan Markle and Prince Harry!
The couple officially announced their engagement today, with Meghan looking incredibly stylish in a white coat by Line The Label, a bottle green dress by P.A.R.O.S.H and nude strappy heels by Aquazzura.
We've spotted her in these classic 'Matilde' pumps before, so they're clearly a favourite of Meghan's. With their versatile and timeless aesthetic, we're not surprised she turned to them again on this high profile occasion.
Lace up shoes have been a major trend for a few years now and it all began with Aquazzura. We like this particular style for their pointed toe, slinky straps and the touch of gold at the end of each lace.
Lucky for us they're back in stock so click to the right to buy it or get the look for less with even more picks below.
The role of best man, known as 'supporter' at royal weddings is likely to go to Harry's brother the Duke of Cambridge as the groom acted as best man to William at his wedding in 2011?
One person we are unlikely to see taking part in the wedding is Meghan's soon-to-be sister in-law the Duchess of Cambridge.?
According to royals expert and author, Marlene Koenig, we shouldn't expect to see Kate in the bridal party.?
'She is the future queen consort when William becomes king after his father, and would unlikely be an attending person to another royal bride.'
Kate is also expected to deliver her third child just a few weeks before the wedding however, it remains unclear whether the newborn will be in attendance.?
The role of maid of honour could fall among several of Meghan's close friends including stylist Jessica Mulroney, childhood friend Janina Gavankar and the designer who is thought to have introduced the couple Misha Nonoo.???
Most watched News videos
- Busted! Package thief caught after her getaway driver flees
- New invisible box jump trend takes Twitter by storm
- Everyone is trying the latest trend: Invisible box challenge!
- Horrifying moment dashcam shows lorry ploughing into two cars
- Moment thrill seeking base jumpers leap from 530ft Beachy Head
- Sir Elton on stage in Barcelona just hours before his mother died
- Disturbing video shows teen hurling a cat into the street
- Snake lunges at Toff as she's suspended in the air during trial
- Nigel Farage defends Donald Trump retweeting Britain First
- Earl Kimrey charged with the death of 3-year-old Mariah Miller
- Knife-wielding moped robbers raid building on Fleet Street
- DUP leader lashes out at Irish government over Belfast agreement
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.