A royal with rhythm! Queen Maxima shows off her musical side as she plays the steel pans during her Caribbean tour with King Willem-Alexander
- Queen Maxima took part in a steel pan work shop at the Festival Centre?
- The Dutch Queen looked chic in a white blouse and tan coloured accessories ?
- Is visiting the island in the wake of Hurricane Irma which left a trail of destruction across the the Netherlands island of Sint Maarten?
She is well-known for her enthusiastic approach to her engagements so it was no surprise to see Queen Maxima get involved in a musical jam on Saturday.
The Queen of the Netherlands has just completed her tour of the Caribbean island St Eustatius where she was ?determined to immerse herself in local customs.
The Argentinian-born royal was delighted to join pannists at?shelters at the Festival Center to play the steel pans on her third and final day on the island.
Queen Maxima showcased her musical talents as she took part in a steel pan workshop shelters at the Festival Center,?Sint Maarten
Maxima, 46, beamed with delight as she showcased her musical talents at the water distribution location at Sint Maarten.
The mother-of-three showcased her usual flair for fashion in a chic lace blouse keeping her cool in the humid weather.
She added tan tones to her ensemble in the form of camel coloured trousers and a matching clutch bag.
The royal looked typically chic in a white lace blouse and tan coloured accessories?
She and husband King Willem-Alexander shared an intimate moment during the musical session
Rarely seen without head gear Maxima could be seen wearing a jaunty sand coloured fedora for her engagement today.
She wore her famous blonde tresses loose, sweeping stray hairs from her face with a pair of sunglasses, allowing her to showcase an ornate pair of sunflower earrings.
She was joined by husband King Willem-Alexander who cut a more casual aesthetic with an open collared shirt and a pair of sunglasses.??
The royal couple shared an intimate moment during the musical session where Maxima could be seen whispering into her husband's ear.?
Maxima was her vivacious self, beaming with delight as she joined other pannists on Saturday
The friendly royal spent time talking to fellow pannists and appeared fascinated by their musical skill
Their visit comes three months after Hurricane Irma left a trail of destruction across the the Netherlands island of Sint Maarten.?
On Friday the couple enjoyed a scuba session off the coast of Saba Bank, Saba Island.?
The king and queen later inspected reconstruction efforts on the island following the devastating tropical storm.
Rarely seen without a hat, Maxima showcased her love of millinery in the form of a tan fedora
King Willem cut a more casual aesthetic in an open-collared shirt and a pair of sunglasses
Thousands of homes across the island were flattened, while luxury yachts moored in marinas have been sunk or driven on shore by the hurricane-force winds.
Locals were forced to queue for basic aid and even water as the island's infrastructure has been utterly destroyed by the hurricane.
The royal couple's first stop on Thursday was St Eustatius, before they arrived at Saba island where they also joined in on Saba Day festivities.
They have been accompanied by the State Secretary for the Interior and Kingdom Relations, Raymond Knops.?
The couple are visiting the island in the wake of Hurricane Irma which?left a trail of destruction across the the Netherlands island of Sint Maarten
Most watched News videos
- Meghan stuns in roll neck and midi skirt on first royal engagement
- Fan gives Meghan Markle a bag of Haribo on her first royal event
- Royal fashion: Meghan Markle sparkles on Nottingham visit
- Meghan chats to a Suits fan about the show on first engagement
- Meghan shows off her caring side as she meets shy boy
- Newly engaged Harry and Meghan greet crowds in Nottingham
- Megan Markle and Prince Harry announce their engagement
- Prince Harry asked how it feels to be with Meghan 'as a ginger'
- Meghan politely picks up a glove and returns it to a crowd member
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle carry out first royal engagement together
- Touching moment Prince Harry straightens young fan's hat
- Surveillance video shows Palm Beach cop shoot his ex-girlfriend
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.