Meghan Markle is not the only one! American women find British accents the sexiest for men - while the guys consider women with Israeli accents, like actress Gal Gadot, the hottest
- According to a survey done?by travel dating website, MissTravel.com, women in the US consider British, Scottish and Spanish accents most appealing
- More than 20% of all American women revealed that they are most-attracted to British accents, while 18% said that Scottish was the hottest
- Israeli and Colombian accents on women are considered the hottest to men
- Australian and Southern accents are deemed to be hot for both genders?
It seems as though?Meghan Markle isn't the only American women who swoons over a British accent.
While there are said to be about 7,000 languages on earth, for the majority of ladies in the US, it is the Brits, like 36-year-old Meghan's new fiance Prince Harry, who come out on top - with the Scottish accent coming in a close second.
According to a recent study done by travel dating website, MissTravel.com, American women find British and Scottish accents the sexiest for men.?
?Not just Meghan! According to a recent study done by dating website, MissTravel.com, more than 20 per cent of American women find British accents in men the sexiest - like Prince Harry
Top five sexiest accents for men
Top five sexiest accents for women
Meanwhile, men prefer to fawn over Israeli and Colombian accents in women.?
The dating site surveyed thousands of people across the United States to find out which accent they found most attractive and it turns out that men and women disagree on which one comes out on top.?
Results of the survey revealed that over 20 per cent of women are most attracted to men with British accents - with just over 18 per cent voting for guys with a Scottish accents.?
However, as far as men are concerned, the feeling is not mutual.
Instead, the majority of men in the US think that an Israeli accent in women is hottest - 19 per cent to be precise - while a Colombian accent is a very close second with 18 per cent of the vote.
These findings just further prove why so many men are head-over-heels in love with two of the sexiest actresses in Hollywood, Gal Gadot, 32, and Sofia Vergara, 45.?
With Gal being Israeli and Sofia being Colombian, it is obvious to see why men are so attracted to the two sexy accents.
Mediterranean: Results from the same study showed, Israeli and Colombian accents on women are the sexiest
Brandon Wade, CEO and founder of MissTravel.com, shared the reason why accents have an effect on us.
'Accents have a tendency of taking our minds to unknown, and exotic places, adding a touch of mystery and intrigue to the speaker.
'As Americans we often associate British accents with intelligence and class, both desirable qualities for a mate.?
'While Israeli accents conjure up images of the Mediterranean,' he concluded.?
Two things remain the same in findings from the survey of both men and women, - neither can resist a good old Aussie and Southern accent, with both genders voting for these dialects in the top five.
However, it is a little strange how the number one accent for each gender doesn't appear on the other's list.?
While Israeli and Colombian are number one for men, they don't even pop up on the ladies list.?
Plus, number one for the girls, British and Scottish, doesn't appear on the men's list, which is a bit strange. ?
Interestingly enough, out of 21 accents listed by MissTravel.com, five accents - Nigerian, Chinese, Filipino, Jamaican and Indian - failed to get one vote from both men and women.
Most watched News videos
- Royal fashion: Meghan Markle sparkles on Nottingham visit
- Matt Lauer seen returning to Hamptons home after Today show axe
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle carry out first royal engagement together
- Prince Harry asked how it feels to be with Meghan 'as a ginger'
- Surveillance video shows Palm Beach cop shoot his ex-girlfriend
- Newly engaged Harry and Meghan greet crowds in Nottingham
- Flynn leaves court after pleading guilty to lying to the FBI
- Fan gives Meghan Markle a bag of Haribo on her first royal event
- Meghan chats to a Suits fan about the show on first engagement
- Meghan politely picks up a glove and returns it to a crowd member
- Victoria's Secret models say n-word during Cardi B singalong
- Meghan shows off her caring side as she meets shy boy
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.