'I am a popaholic': New Yorker puts out an ad on Craigslist offering to pay an acne sufferer to 'pop their pimples and blackheads' for $45 AN HOUR
- The anonymous Midtown, Manhattan-based Craigslist user wrote that they were paying for the service as a 'holiday present' to themselves?
- The ad even offers the opportunity to bring a friend along, with the writer promising to even offer up a joint or two during the experience?
Sure, plenty of people love watching the multitude of pimple-popping videos that are all over YouTube - but would you want to do it yourself to a total stranger?
Well, one Manhattan-based 'popaholic' does, and is even willing to pay for the pleasure, according to a recently spotted Craigslist ad.?
Popping away: A pimple-popping fanatic is advertising online for someone to let them pop their pimples
The details: The anonymous New York-based poster is offering $45 an hour for the pleasure of popping your zits
The ad starts with a confession, reading: 'I am one of the popaholics obsessed with watching videos of blackheads/pimples/sebaceous filaments being picked at or popped.'
The writer of the ad goes on to say that they decided to treat themselves to a 'holiday present this year' and 'pop some pimples of my own.'?
'Only I don't seem to have any. This is where you come in. If you have pimples/acne/blackheads and would allow me to pop them I would be extremely grateful,' the person adds.
Surprisingly, they reveal that 'I would pay you too. $45 an hour.'
In order to be eligible for the 'job', applicants need only snap a few photos of their poppable pimples and provide their availability.?
Inspired: The person behind the ad even provides a video of the 'Enilsa Brown method of q-tips' he or she would be employing?
They also claim that successful applicants can bring a friend along 'to pass the time and make you feel comfortable' and also offers to provide a few marijuana joints, should they be welcome.
For those who are a bit more familiar with the process, the ad writer says they will user?'the Enilsa Brown method of q-tips' to do the popping and provides a video showing the technique.??
Rubber gloves and - if the person whose pimples are being popped is comfortable - a sterile needle would be also used in addition to rubbing alcohol and?Clearasil Deep Pore Acne Pads to clean up.?
As off-putting as the idea may be, the compensation offered has had a number of Reddit users actually thinking of dropping the popaholic a line.?
'I laughed at this post until I saw they were in New York and now I’m considering it,' wrote one user, while another added: 'I have clear skin but that’s a hell of a deal! Of?course that’s how you end up on a Missing Persons list.'?
Most watched News videos
- Wild fight erupts between teacher and student inside classroom
- Soldier surprises his 76ers dancer by returning from deployment
- Trouble in paradise: Two seniors brawl during Caribbean holiday
- Persons of interest in the death of Sydney Loofe release video
- Melanie Martinez at 'American Horror Story' premiere in L.A.
- Billy Bush talks to Stephen Colbert about being fire from Today
- Disturbing video shows teen hurling a cat into the street
- The Grinch! Woman takes Christmas decorations from Texas porch
- Busted! Package thief caught after her getaway driver flees
- Everyone is trying the latest trend: Invisible box challenge!
- New invisible box jump trend takes Twitter by storm
- Hospital video: North Korean defector undergoes life-saving surgery