'I didn't even have boobs until I was 19!' Victoria's Secret models Romee Strijd, Josephine Skriver, and Jasmine Tookes recall the moment they bought their first BRAS as teenagers
- Three Victoria's Secret Angels opened up about their first bra purchases during an interview at the brand's ?flagship store in New York City on Tuesday
- Romee, 22, was 14 when her mother bought her a Victoria's Secret bra on a family trip to NYC
- An aunt bought Josephine, 24, her first bra when she was 14 or 15, and it had a Hello Kitty pattern on it
- The first bra Jasmine, 26, got was also from Victoria's Secret when she was 14; she said she 'was a mega-fan growing up'
Victoria's Secret Angels wear bras for a living, which is why it's nearly impossible to imagine them buying one for the first time.
However, as three of the brand's models have now revealed, they weren't always so comfortable in lacy lingerie.
Jasmine Tookes, 26, Josephine Skriver, 24, and Romee Strijd, 22, headed to the Victoria's Secret flagship store on Fifth Avenue in New York City on Tuesday where they spoke with?Refinery29?about what it was like when they bought their first bras.?
Hello Kitty: Victoria's Secret Angel Josephine Skriver got her first bra when she was 14 or 15 from her aunt, and ?it had a Hello Kitty pattern
Late bloomer: 'I didn't even have boobs until I was, like, 19,' Josephine, (pictured as a young girl) admitted
'Oh, this is such funny story!' Josephine said about her first bra purchase. 'I didn't even have boobs until I was, like, 19.'
Luckily, Josephine's aunt bought her a bra when she was 14 or 15 to help her get along with the other girls in her class, but that didn't really work out too well.?
Josephine explained that the only bra she could fit into at the time was a Hello Kitty one, but she didn't care at all.
She continued, 'I was still so proud of it. I got two, and I refused to take them off.'?
Blonde bombshell: Romee Strijd's mother ?bought her first bra for her on a family vacation to NYC when she was 14
Sweethearts: Romee (pictured eight years ago, when she was 14 years old, with boyfriend,?Laurens van Leeuwen) said her first bra was actually from Victoria's Secret
As for Romee, she got her first bra on a family vacation she'll never forget.
The model, then 14, traveled with her relatives to New York City from the Netherlands. There, the blonde bombshell's mother bought her first bra, and the rest was history.
Now, she said she still remembers never wanting to take it off—and looking back on it, it seems as though that first purchase sealed her affinity with the brand.
'I think my first one actually came from Victoria's Secret,' she said.
Romee even shared that she used to wear the bra while cleaning her room and practice walking down a runway, which is a pretty ironic foreshadowing.?
Big fan: Jasmine Tookes' first bra was also from Victoria's Secret and she even said she 'was a mega-fan growing up'
Inspiring: The model (pictured as a child) said she hopes young girls are watching the Angels at the fashion show thinking, 'those girls are so cool, strong, feminine, and empowering'
Jasmine Tookes, who was the chosen model to wear the $3 million dollar Fantasy Bra at last year's Paris fashion show, also believes her first bra came from Victoria's Secret.
'I was a mega-fan growing up. I probably tried to have padding in it because when you're young, you want to be older,' she said. 'And now that I'm older, I'm all about no padding. It's funny how things change.'
When it comes to the Victoria's Secret show, though, Jasmine hopes its cult status doesn't change for some time.
'There are so many young girls who watch it, like me when I was growing up, and I was like "those girls are so cool, strong, feminine, and empowering," ' she added.
'Hopefully young girls are at home and watching us and saying the same exact thing.'
Kisses: Victoria's Secret Angels?Romee, Josephine, Adriana Lima and Jasmine posed together at the VS x BALMAIN collaboration launch in New York City on Tuesday
Remember: Models Romee, Josephine, and Jasmine dished about their first time buying a bra at the launch event
The Angels made these comments just days after returning home from Shanghai, China for the 2017 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, when they shipped off to NYC to promote the brand's new collaboration with its unexpected new partner, Balmain.
Josephine was rocking the crystal VS X BALMAIN Swarovski Long Line Bra with high-waist black trousers, while Romee donned the red plaid Strappy Long Line Bra with a leather mini skirt.
The VS x BALMAIN collaboration marks the first time the lingerie brand has paired with a high fashion designer and the 22-piece collection is made up of a variety of lingerie including bras, underwear, panties, as well as graffiti-printed T-shirts and even handbags.
The leather cross-body bags are decked out in studs and embellishments, while most of the bras and panties are covered in Swarovski crystals.
The entire collection ranges in prices $28 - $248 and is available online and in-stores.?
Most watched News videos
- Matt Lauer seen returning to Hamptons home after Today show axe
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle carry out first royal engagement together
- Megyn Kelly reacts to Matt Lauer firing over 'sex assault'
- Victoria's Secret models say n-word during Cardi B singalong
- NBC News has fired popular 'Today' show host Matt Lauer
- Meghan politely picks up a glove and returns it to a crowd member
- Meghan shows off her caring side as she meets shy boy
- Meghan chats to a Suits fan about the show on first engagement
- Prince Harry asked how it feels to be with Meghan 'as a ginger'
- Newly engaged Harry and Meghan greet crowds in Nottingham
- Touching moment Prince Harry straightens young fan's hat
- Fan gives Meghan Markle a bag of Haribo on her first royal event
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.