Bright and beautiful! Queen Mathilde of Belgium wraps up in a VERY vibrant coat as she joins King Philippe on a busy day of engagements (but there's always time for a cup of tea)
- Queen Mathilde and King Philippe of Belgium visited Flemish Brabant today
- The queen, 44, wrapped up against the cold in a vibrant houndstooth coat
- She completed the look with bright orange gloves and matching kitten heels?
She is never one to shy away from making a fashion statement, and today was no exception for Queen Mathilde as she carried out a busy day of engagements in Belgium.
The Belgian royal, 44, wrapped up against the chilly winter weather in a bold houndstooth coat which was streaked with blue, orange, white and black.?
She joined husband King Philippe, 57, for a number of appearances, which included a visit to a sustainable farm, a video company and a round table discussion on radicalism.
Vibrant: Queen Mathilde and King Philippe of Belgium carried out a busy day of engagements
Gracious: Queen Mathilde is given a handful of Belgian flags by excited schoolchildren
Time for tea! Queen Mathilde found time for a hot drink during her very busy day
Get decked out in checks like Queen Mathilde wearing a Natan coat
Whilst this week it's been all about Meghan Markle's engagement to Prince Harry, we do like to keep a few other royals on our style radar.
Amongst them is Queen Mathilde who was spotted on a busy day of engagements wearing a Natan checked belted coat teamed with orange heels, matching leather gloves and a clutch bag.
We're loving this tweed topper which features a blue and orange colourway. It's a great way of injecting some fun into your wardrobe and if you want to find out more follow the link on the right to check it out.
Alternatively recreate the look with one of the picks from our edit below. This Marks & Spencer one is our favourite; meanwhile Only, Topshop and B.Young have great options.
Despite their packed schedule, the royal couple remained in good spirits as they greeted well-wishers at every stop.?
At one point a beaming Mathilde found herself clutching a handful of Belgian flags after they were given to her by excited supporters.?
The queen's vibrant coat certainly stood out against the grey wintry sky and she added even more colour to the look with a pair of bright orange gloves and matching kitten heels.?
Gracious: The royal couple greeted well-wishers as they stopped off at a sustainable farm
Radiant: Mathilde, 44, remained in good spirits despite the packed schedule on Wednesday
Wrapping up: The royal couple kept warm in long coats as they carried out their engagements
To make sure the ensemble didn't clash too much, she paired it with a simple putty-coloured clutch.?
Meanwhile King Philippe, son of King Albert II, looked smart in a white shirt, tie and practical green overcoat.?
The couple started the day in Flemish Brabant with a visit to the?Den Diepen Boomgaard farm in?Grimbergen.?
Patriotic: Well-wishers handed the queen Belgian flags as she stopped to speak to them
The farm is a social workplace and at the same time there is a focus on sustainability.
They later visited nearby?Vilvoorde, where they stopped off at a?company that provides all-round audiovisual services to television stations, news editors, production houses and companies.
The couple later took part in a?round table on de-radicalisation in the Vilvoorde City Hall. ?
Most watched News videos
- Serena Williams posts video of her tropical honeymoon villa
- Duchess of Cornwall is 'absolutely thrilled' over engagement news
- 'It's not about royalty': Meghan's sister on engagement
- Royal wedding: What will Meghan be called?
- Harry on Diana 'Its days like today when I miss having her around'
- Meghan Markle reveals she has moved her dog to the UK
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle make first appearance following engagement
- A look back at the regal romance of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
- Royal wedding: Who will make Harry and Meghan's guest list?
- Five facts about upcoming royal wedding of Meghan and Harry
- Meghan Markle's mom returns to work after engagement announcement
- 'It's such exciting news' Kate on Harry and Meghan engagement
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.