You don't need a celebrity hairstylist to get these curls! Zendaya reveals her simple tricks for achieving perfectly defined coils in a new tutorial
- Zendaya, 25, shared her hair regimen on YouTube
- The video of the five-step process has racked up 1.5 million views?
No one in Hollywood is more of a beauty chameleon than Zendaya. The actress/singer transforms her look every time she steps onto the red carpet. In October, she appeared with five wildly different hairstyles in just one week.
While she loves to switch things up with the help of wigs, she's also mastered how to style her naturally curly hair - and she's sharing that precious information with her fans.
In a new video on her YouTube channel, Zendaya details her five-step process for bouncy coils and it's already racked up 1.5 million views.?
Curl power: Zendaya, 21, may love to play with wigs on the red carpet, but she's also embraced her natural coils
Before and after: In a new video on her YouTube channel, The Greatest Showman actress shares her tricks for styling curls
The regimen begins after she washes her hair. When wet, she brushes her strands with a wide tooth comb to get the tangles out.
Next comes her 'special juice', a.k.a.?Miss Jessie's Multi Cultural Curls. 'I put a lot of it in my palms and run it evenly through my hair,' she says, explaining that it helps define the curls without making them crunchy.?
With a microfiber cloth, Zendaya then towels off her hair. Microfiber cloths absorb more moisture and cause less friction than regular towels, leading to less breakage and frizz.?
'Special juice': Zendaya is a fan of this $16 curl-defining cream from Miss Jessie's
Make the switch: Zendaya advises against rough-drying curly hair with a bath towel because it causes damage and frizz. Instead, she uses a gentle and absorbent microfiber cloth
Don't blow it: The former Disney star doesn't blow dry her hair without a diffuser attachment, which she says adds body and evens out the curl patterns?
Zendaya's blow dryer of choice is the DevaCurl?DevaDryer and DevaFuser, which is designed for curly and wavy hair types. To help avoid frizz, she tilts her head to the side and gently scrunches hair with the diffuser, bringing each section up to the scalp.?
'It takes forever!' Zendaya says as she works her way through her thick hair. The results, however, are clearly worth the effort.?
The fifth and final step? 'Fluff hair', or as Zendaya does in the video, whip your hair back and forth and admire your work.?
Most watched News videos
- Behind the scenes: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle goof around
- Meghan Markle says Prince Harry proposal was 'amazing surprise'
- Bosnian Croat wartime suspect 'drinks poison' during sentencing
- Lip reading: Harry describes moment he knew they were meant to be
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle discuss meeting for the first time
- Savannah Guthrie 'heartbroken' over Matt Lauer scandal
- Shocking moment 'travellers' try to steal driver's dashcam
- 'She's capable of anything' Prince Harry gushes over fiancé Meghan
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announce their engagement
- Elephant calf reunited with mother after getting stuck in hole
- 'We will take care of it': Trump on North Korean missile launch
- Prince Harry: 'Hopefully we'll start a family in the near future'
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.