'I thought she was proud of her fuller figure!' Gemma Collins is accused of Photoshopping her Instagram snaps to look slimmer by fans who say it's 'hypocritical' of the body positive star
- Gemma Collins, 36, has been accused of editing her social media pictures
- Posted a swimsuit picture on Instagram in which she looked slimmer than usual
- She was called a hypocrite by her followers as she champions plus size women
As a proud plus size woman, Gemma Collins is known for loving her curves.
She has her own plus size clothing boutique, and recently launched a collection aimed at curvier women with Boohoo.
But the TOWIE star, 36, has now been called a hypocrite by fans who have accused her of editing a social media snap to make herself look slimmer.
Gemma shared a glamorous picture of herself on Instagram?wearing a leopard print swimsuit that showed off her flawless arms and thighs.
But the image disappointed some fans, who said it was a 'shame' if she felt the need to retouch her famous figure.
One follower said: 'For someone advocating to love your own skin and body etc, it's a real shame you've succumbed to the pressure and been overly Photoshopped!'?
Gemma Collins, 36, posted this flawless looking swimsuit picture to her Instagram on Monday
Gemma posted the picture of herself in the skimpy one piece on Monday to promote her website's sale.
The Essex girl looked glamorous as she posed with her hands on her hips and her blonde hair tumbling around her shoulders.
But fans were shocked by Gemma's flawless appearance, with some even calling her a 'hypocrite' for seemingly editing the image.?
Her followers were critical of the picture and accused her of Photoshopping it
'Meant to be showing us curvy girls have no worries and yet his is Photoshopped!!!! We ain't stupid,' another posted.
A third wrote: 'Airbrushed to infinity and beyond.'
'You have a great body. No need to Photoshop!!!' a fourth agreed.
Gemma has spoken about her body confidence in the past, saying that plus size girls should be able to wear what they please.
Gemma, nicknamed The GC, is known for championing plus size women and has her own clothes range for larger women
After being criticised for wearing a completely sheer swimsuit she told The Sun: 'Why shouldn't a plus size girl wear mesh?'?
She said: 'I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't need to explain my outfits. 'It's not for everyone but I loved it – why shouldn't a plus size girl wear mesh – who said they couldn't?'
MailOnline has contacted representatives for Gemma Collins and is awaiting comment.?
She previously defended her right to wear mesh and said 'I don't have to explain my outfits'
Most watched News videos
- Meghan politely picks up a glove and returns it to a crowd member
- Prince Harry asked how it feels to be with Meghan 'as a ginger'
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle carry out first royal engagement together
- CCTV shows man attacking traffic warden after getting a ticket
- Touching moment Prince Harry straightens young fan's hat
- Meghan shows off her caring side as she meets shy boy
- Newly engaged Harry and Meghan greet crowds in Nottingham
- Meghan chats to a Suits fan about the show on first engagement
- Royal fashion: Meghan Markle sparkles on Nottingham visit
- Megan Markle and Prince Harry announce their engagement
- Fan gives Meghan Markle a bag of Haribo on her first royal event
- Meghan stuns in roll neck and midi skirt on first royal engagement