Would the REAL Jennifer Lawrence please stand up? Teenage model looks so much like the Oscar winner strangers stop her in the street for autographs
- Alexia Maier says she is approached by strangers who mistake her for the star?
- People have asked her for autographs refusing to believe she isn't the real deal?
- Despite her uncanny resemblance to the actress Alexia admits she isn't a fan?
A model has revealed that she is constantly approached by strangers who have mistaken for the actress Jennifer Lawrence.
Alexia Maier, 17, had no idea of her likeness to the star until strangers began approaching her for autographs.
At first, Alexia, from Ponte Vedra, Florida, thought people were joking until she began receiving dozens of comments when out and about.
Alexia Maier, 17, has revealed that she is constantly mistaken for actress Jennifer Lawrence
Alexia has left strangers confused, refusing to accept that she isn't the real deal.
She said: 'At first I thought it was a joke when people started saying I looked like Jennifer Lawrence.
'But when I started getting dozens of comments about my J-Law similarities, I started to realise it myself.
Alexia (left) says that at first she thought people were joking when they compared her to the actress (right) but began to realised the similarities after receiving dozens of comments?
Alexia (pictured at the Hunger Games exhibition in Times Square) has been approached from autographs from strangers who refuse to believe she is no the real deal?
'In my hometown, people know they're not going to see a real celebrity, so I've been told I look like her, but never confused.
'But when visiting New York, people will ask me for autographs.
'I think one of my favourite examples is when a woman said 'Jennifer, I'm your biggest fan!'
'I told her, 'I'm not Jennifer!' but the woman immediately said, 'are you sure?' I'll never forget her reaction.
Despite her uncanny resemblance to the Hunger Games actress, Alexia isn't a fan of J-Law
Alexia says that her resemblance saw her received a lot of attention online - both good and bad
'At first it was surprise, then awe, then disappointment.'
Despite her uncanny resemblance to J-Law, Alexia isn't a fan of the actress.
She added: 'I know this is not the answer people are expecting from me, but I am not a fan.
'Even so, I can acknowledge that Jennifer has definitely impacted my life in strange ways.
'I got a lot of attention in the first couple years of high school because of my similarities to her.
'I was also subjected to a lot of online attention when I was pretty young, good and bad, but both have managed to help shape me as a person.'
While she admitted to not being a fan of the actress she acknowledges the impact Jennifer Lawrence has had on her life?
Most watched News videos
- Man rescues rabbit amidst intensifying flames from LA wildfire
- President Trump slurs speech during Jerusalem address
- 'Home's South London mate' Sadiq Khan's retort to BBC reporter
- ISIS fighters scream in panic before being blown up in Syria
- Daring commuters pass hills engulfed in flames by Cali wildfires
- Motorcyclist chased by driver before being mown down and killed
- Moment Charlie Pearce hides behind a car to avoid a police car
- Sarah Sanders: Trump slurred words because his 'throat was dry'
- Huge wildfire rages alongside busy Interstate 405 in California
- Met Office: Winds strengthen across UK as Storm Caroline develops
- Palestinians protest US recognition of Jerusalem as Israel capital
- Moment MP Grayling STRUGGLES to cope with BBC grilling on Brexit